New hilux mpg

michufc

Hi everyone I have a new hilux in auto and the mpg is really carp I am only just getting 22 mpg at the moment. Yes I do use it for work and it doesn't seam to matter if I drive in eco mode or sport. I am not very happy about it as it's one of the reasons I sold the previous model.

Is it me and it's normal or do you think something could be wrong

Guy I used to work with had the previous model 3 litre auto 09 Plate, used to get 17mpg out of it. It is a large lump to drag about, my TD5 Disco Auto did 23 mpg no matter how I drove it. Large 4wd Autos will never be good on fuel. Main reason I bought a Yeti, 170 bhp Auto does 39 mpg in the real world for my last 4 tanks. Advertised mpg and real life are usually worlds apart.

Edited by JRDS

I'm looking at mine at the moment, it seems to be showing less than my 07.

I got an average of 31 coming back from south Wales but that was through central Wales so a tad up and down and hard going. I'll check on motorway these coming weeks and see if it's any different.

You may find it improves with a few miles on it, but this is the smaller more modern engine so should be a lot better than that. A mate has the new l200 in auto and that's doing 36-40mpg again smaller more efficient engine and I'm fairly sure yours should be getting towards that with normal driving

Thats not good, I'm averaging around 31mpg in my manual model which is still **** compared to what they claim, I know theres a few people complaining and theyll prob adjust the computer when you take it in so the only real way to check is fill your tank record your miles then fill it again.

I'll put up with the **** miles because I like the truck, had a 3l model previous and the new model is better all round IMO.

My reading was from the computer, which I know are not renowned for their accuracy.

If I'm checking mpg I always brim the tank, but to be quite honest if your that concerned about how much your 4x4 is doing per gallon I really think you should have bought a Punto instead.

My reading was from the computer, which I know are not renowned for their accuracy.

If I'm checking mpg I always brim the tank, but to be quite honest if your that concerned about how much your 4x4 is doing per gallon I really think you should have bought a Punto instead.

Dear me.

So,someone who is concerned that their 4x4 is doing 22mpg,way less than the claimed,really should have bought a Punto?

Yep :-)

A little variation in mpg is expected, to get the advertised figures they have got to be driven by an OCD Mr Green planet with a size 2 1/2 ballet foot. With 1 gallon of fuel in, wind behind and down hill.

How many check the 0 to 60 quote, or the kerb side weight figures.

Just a update I have been into Toyota and they have agreed that it's not good and have asked me to brim the tank and record then they will have it in and do a full investigation for me. Can't say fairer than that. So a run to the game fair tomorrow should do it.

And as for buying a punto I am not expecting a million mpg that on one tank I can navigate the globe just a near 30mpg would be nice