Sign in to follow this  
michufc

New hilux mpg

Hi everyone I have a new hilux in auto and the mpg is really carp I am only just getting 22 mpg at the moment. Yes I do use it for work and it doesn't seam to matter if I drive in eco mode or sport. I am not very happy about it as it's one of the reasons I sold the previous model.

Is it me and it's normal or do you think something could be wrong

Guy I used to work with had the previous model 3 litre auto 09 Plate, used to get 17mpg out of it. It is a large lump to drag about, my TD5 Disco Auto did 23 mpg no matter how I drove it. Large 4wd Autos will never be good on fuel. Main reason I bought a Yeti, 170 bhp Auto does 39 mpg in the real world for my last 4 tanks. Advertised mpg and real life are usually worlds apart.

Edited by JRDS

I'm looking at mine at the moment, it seems to be showing less than my 07.

I got an average of 31 coming back from south Wales but that was through central Wales so a tad up and down and hard going. I'll check on motorway these coming weeks and see if it's any different.

You may find it improves with a few miles on it, but this is the smaller more modern engine so should be a lot better than that. A mate has the new l200 in auto and that's doing 36-40mpg again smaller more efficient engine and I'm fairly sure yours should be getting towards that with normal driving

Local shooter here has one and the same problem.Was going back to the dealer to see if there was an issue but not heard if its improved or not.

Seems to be a common thing with the new model not getting anywhere near the claimed.

My 16 plate previous model 3.0 auto does 27 / 28 mpg. I had a new model auto top of the range on loan for a week whilst they sorted the tow bar electrics on mine & it did about 30mpg.

Thats not good, I'm averaging around 31mpg in my manual model which is still **** compared to what they claim, I know theres a few people complaining and theyll prob adjust the computer when you take it in so the only real way to check is fill your tank record your miles then fill it again.

I'll put up with the **** miles because I like the truck, had a 3l model previous and the new model is better all round IMO.

I got 33mpg doing a steady 50mph and just a tad over 13k rpm and on the flat. That was just over 10 miles travel, not a brilliant test I know.

Hi

Few things to consider

Is it open truck or fitted top ?

Tyres type and psi maybe to soft

Have you rest the computer

Is it brand new

Is it due a service

Have you brimmed the fuel tank

Just a few questions

Seems very poor mpg that you're getting

All the best

Of

My reading was from the computer, which I know are not renowned for their accuracy.

If I'm checking mpg I always brim the tank, but to be quite honest if your that concerned about how much your 4x4 is doing per gallon I really think you should have bought a Punto instead.

My reading was from the computer, which I know are not renowned for their accuracy.

If I'm checking mpg I always brim the tank, but to be quite honest if your that concerned about how much your 4x4 is doing per gallon I really think you should have bought a Punto instead.

Dear me.

So,someone who is concerned that their 4x4 is doing 22mpg,way less than the claimed,really should have bought a Punto?

Yep :-)

A little variation in mpg is expected, to get the advertised figures they have got to be driven by an OCD Mr Green planet with a size 2 1/2 ballet foot. With 1 gallon of fuel in, wind behind and down hill.

How many check the 0 to 60 quote, or the kerb side weight figures.

My Vw T6 was getting 29-33 mpg when I had it but after 5000 miles that's up to 34-45 mpg .

Most new diesels need 10,000 on the clock first .

In the Vw world they call it the magic 10,000 and it's normally right. Maybe it's the same for you ???

My friends shogun achieved 3mpg more just on a roof rack.

Just a update I have been into Toyota and they have agreed that it's not good and have asked me to brim the tank and record then they will have it in and do a full investigation for me. Can't say fairer than that. So a run to the game fair tomorrow should do it.

And as for buying a punto I am not expecting a million mpg that on one tank I can navigate the globe just a near 30mpg would be nice

I might see you there, the 2.4 was supposed to be more economical than the 3ltr, I'll see what mines showing, I have the 3ltr, pretty new with just 10k and 15 months old. I'll be flipping some venison burgers in the back of mine lunch time.

I might see you there, the 2.4 was supposed to be more economical than the 3ltr, I'll see what mines showing, I have the 3ltr, pretty new with just 10k and 15 months old. I'll be flipping some venison burgers in the back of mine lunch time.

Let me know where you park ;)