Wireless remote controls

Deako

Guys,

I need your opinions again please.

As a control interface for your pecking decoys, magnets, flappers, etc, what would you see as the most practical/preferred option?

1) Timer unit.

2) Cable and switch from decoy to hide, just switch it on when a bird passes, to have full control of the time its on/off.

3) Wireless remote from decoy to hide.

At this stage, the price is NOT an issue, in other words, imagine you had a free choice between all three, which would you choose?

Personally, from previous testing, I much prefer the ability to retain control from the hide via cable or wireless remote, but I really need your thoughts before we finalise production.

Thanks for your time lads. :lol:

Deako.

Guest Mr Pieman

Deako,

I have timers as you know but I feel anything more would be unrealistic. The timers give broken movement that is similar to feeding birds. The ability to switch things on/off from the hide seems a bit too technological to me.

Often birds are drawn to the pattern unseen by the shooter, flying along a hedge, flighting in from a coppice or dropping in from behind us. If we aim to operate our 'coys from the hide it would be assumed that it would be to draw in birds we have spotted in the vicinity. Would the decoys still draw the unseen birds if the animation was removed - ie we switch things off until we see something? If the system can be operated by the individual at what point would it be operated? Then comes the problem of do I shoot or press the switch/gizmo? If we only use it to draw birds we can see we will be going backwards rather than forwards with our practices!

My own opinion is that the remote systems will end up catching shooters rather than pigeons! :lol:

PP

Deako, me old love,

I would choose the timer unit as, like today, I had birds flying from the back of me, over a bloody hedge. There is no way I would have known they were there until they appeared in the decoys.

As Cranfield says is there such a thing as a timer where you can set the time intervals over a range of seconds to minutes ??

P.S. See you at Selby

PP/Cranfield,

Good points indeed...

I think for pigeons the timer or remote switch perhaps is not so critical?

But when shooting crows with a dead bird on the flapper, the ability to be able to switch it on/off should not be underestimated.

When we did some tests in the autumn, we could pull individual crows from hundreds of yards away by flapping a couple of times, then a break, then flap for a little longer, then break, etc...the birds seemed fascinated by the combination of long and short bursts of movement, and were totally focussed on the decoy.

However, more opinions please lads, we'll try to produce what you want.

:lol:

Guest Mr Pieman

Deako,

I'd be happy to trial one on crows if you like. I know you trial stuff but would be interested if a thoroughbred 'numpty' like myself could have the same success.

I'm often sceptical of trials by manufacturers as an expert in his/her field should be the most successful with any given product. But, at the end of the day we need to be convinced it'll work for us too :D

I hasten to add this is in no way a critisism of you and Lazza, more an opinion on 'experts' in general. The amount of your gear I have/am buying should demonstrate I have complete faith in you both :lol:

cheers

PP

Can you have a timer unit that can be manually overidden via a cabled switch from the hide and this will cater for all eventuallities ie, if a bird flies from over a hedge and the flapper has just stopped you can start the flapper to try and pull the bird in, or is that just going to make things too complicated.

SH.

I have mine on a long cable which is a pain in the **** as the dog falls over it or I hook it up on my boot though it works well I would pefer it to be remote but its down to cost 4 quid on cable or £65 for a remote. I know nothing is cheap anymore but I seem to need more and more gear when I would rather spend the money on cartridges. I wish I had the know how to make one myself.

cheers

John

Okay lads, this is how we're going to do it:

3 versions will be produced, don't ask the price because I haven't costed it yet!

1) Timer unit...4 seconds on...4 seconds off and repeat...will have 2 outputs to connect to a pecker and a flapper if you wish.

2) Computer controlled timer unit...will generate completely random timings for both on and off times, should be very realistic and will have 2 outputs to connect to a pecker and a flapper if you wish.

3) Full wireless remote, press to flap/peck, and release to stop, superb for crows!

They will be British made, completely sealed so they remain waterproof and corrosion free, and built to last using the very latest technology. They will be made as small as possible to keep down the weight and bulk.

As soon as I have the prices, I'll post 'em up. :lol:

Guys,

I need your opinions again please.

As a control interface for your pecking decoys, magnets, flappers, etc, what would you see as the most practical/preferred option?

1) Timer unit.

2) Cable and switch from decoy to hide, just switch it on when a bird passes, to have full control of the time its on/off.

3) Wireless remote from decoy to hide.

At this stage, the price is NOT an issue, in other words, imagine you had a free choice between all three, which would you choose?

Personally, from previous testing, I much prefer the ability to retain control from the hide via cable or wireless remote, but I really need your thoughts before we finalise production.

Thanks for your time lads.  :lol:

Deako.

Something sounds familair............

remote.gif

Whilst I dont know the full technical spec of the featured product; it would at first glance appear that someone has either not completed adequate market research, or is attempting a degree of "reverse engineering".

Will, would you please PM me with your products details.

webber

C'mon Guys,

Give us a few more opinions pleeaase :lol:

Would you prefer a choice of timers at reasonable cost, or rather pay a lot of money for an all in one unit?

I know everyone is busy, but a quick one line opinion is all I want. :lol:

Deako.

Deako:

Dont know if my opinion counts for much seeing that I am a couple of thousand miles away, but here goes anyways.

I have always found that the biggest draw back to electronic decoys has been battery life, a prime example having Robo Duck run out of juice in the middle of a long hunt for ducks. When you are out in the middle of Long Point Bay, you are not going to just run to the corner store, or find an outlet to recharge. So now you have $140.00 cdn stationary decoy...I can buy that same decoy for $40.00.

My feeling for you product would be a control unit that you operated from within the hide. Idealy this unit would be able to work as a remote on / off, or be able to activate a random cycle which turned the decoy/ decoys on and off for random counts. I would also like to see the unit run several decoys. Idealy If you could run 3 peckers, 3 flappers, and 3 rotory wing decoys you would need nothing else. I suppose this could also be achieved by using units with individual timers on them. If this was the case I would want to be able to change the run time and down time, on each unit manually.

Theres my thoughts, hope this helps.....Cheers

Standard timer...? secs on, ? secs off...£30

Random timer...does its own thing...£35

FM frequency radio control remote kit...200+ metre range...£TBA

I'll post the full specs when its not 4.a.m. :lol: , but they will be 100% waterproof (drop 'em in a bucket of water and they'll still work) and shockproof with a full 12 month guarantee...if it goes tits up, you get a new one...simple as.

:lol: