Impact wrench

darren 67

Depends how much your going to use it. You say cheap, but cheap and if using daily they ain't going to be up to the job I'm afraid as these are home user oriented. Bought my son several of these tools for doing bits on his cars and they worked ok but not much oomph behind them. Clarke do some better pro use air tools from machine mart.

Had a couple of Ingersoll Rand 2135 QTi model - 1000 foot pounds. At the time they were the most powerful, but retailed at over £300 - they were fine, but didn't use them enough and sold them to friends. I think Aircat do a more powerful version. You see the odd one - little used - for sale. This would be my option.

I have had Bluepoint, Mac, Snap on - not really impressed. I have a Universal Tool 1/2" which does the job, but mainly use a Dewalt cordless. I would be looking at what the NM/ Foot Pound figures were - the stuff Aldi and Lidl sell wouldn't undo a zip.

Got to agree about Milwaukee - I did consider one. before buying the DeWalt.

Edited by Gordon R

I use a ingosoll rand and it's been a belter, think it cost me about £150

I've got 2 an earlier steel front one and a later titanium quiet one, had em from new the old one about 16 yrs and all it needed in that time was a new trigger.

The old one is still just as powerful as the newer one.

One of my 2135 QTi Ingersoll Rands went to a friend of my sons. He is a mechanic and uses it every day. Probably had it about six years.

He bought a spares kit for it when it started to go a bit slower - about three years ago. Took it apart - cleaned it up - didn't use the spares kit and it is still going strong.

Edited by Gordon R

But a second hand snap on/bluepoint one, had mine for 20 years now and it's still as powerful as the day I bought it.

The new ones are ****. Mines just got back from repairs after about 3 years of use. The nicad battery are also being discontinued so you have to buy new once the battery dies -.-

Had a couple of Ingersoll Rand 2135 QTi model - 1000 foot pounds. At the time they were the most powerful, but retailed at over £300 - they were fine, but didn't use them enough and sold them to friends. I think Aircat do a more powerful version. You see the odd one - little used - for sale. This would be my option.

I have had Bluepoint, Mac, Snap on - not really impressed. I have a Universal Tool 1/2" which does the job, but mainly use a Dewalt cordless. I would be looking at what the NM/ Foot Pound figures were - the stuff Aldi and Lidl sell wouldn't undo a zip.

Got to agree about Milwaukee - I did consider one. before buying the DeWalt.

Milwaukee for me from now on!

My friend's garage has used Chicago Pneumatic 734H guns for years. They aren't as powerful as some of the newer guns, but they are very compact and effortless to use. They get a lot of abuse and no maintenance, but last forever.

Mines a Chicago Pneumatics one and must be over 25 years old, it was secondhand even then

The new ones are ****. Mines just got back from repairs after about 3 years of use. The nicad battery are also being discontinued so you have to buy new once the battery dies -.-

Milwaukee for me from now on!

Never used a new one so can't comment on them, my bluepoint one is 20 years old as it was my Christmas present from my parents when I first started my Hgv fitter apprenticeship. It was an expensive gun at the time and it's never failed to undo any nut I've used it on, common sense obviously as some nuts are too tight for any gun.

Electric cordless impact wrenches I use a dewalt which is more than up to the job and very cheap considering what you get.