Spaying problem

Hendrix's rifle

After some advice in what to do. And more so just to talk about it, I had my zena (gsd) spayed on Thursday just gone. Today she had gone to the vets for emergency treatment. She was very very quiet, hadn't eaten a great deal and just looked miserable. Something wasn't right with her. I expected a couple of days but today is the one that did it when we were about 5 mins in to a walk just round the block and she stumbled and gave up. She's recently gone past 2 years old and it's keeping her quiet that's the problem. Rang the vets and they asked to come in immediately, got there 5 mins later and left her with them. Half an hour later just as they had thought she's bleeding internally. 20 miles to the emergency vets and had a talk with them, signed what I needed to and left her there after a stroke and s kiss on the head. What do I do from Here? The vets that spayed her said they will cover all costs if it's there cock up which was nice of them but if it's not there cock up and an underlying problem I have to cover costs (She is insured) my logic is she was fine before and isn't now. As you can probably understand myself and my partner are quite upset about it, especially seeing her as she was. Thanks

Got her back today, lots better. No walks for a week then 5 mins a day for a week after and see how she is. The vets have been helpful and very apologetic as expected however we are only human and we do make mistakes. Luckily this one was caught before she died overnight. Doesn't bare thinking about. They are happy to admit they cocked it up but for me it's what happened after that made up for it. Won't hold anything against them. Oh, for those interested the bill was nearly 2 grand! Again, picked up by the vets. Many thanks for the comments and il update when she's doing better!

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I'm happy to say she is getting better. She's back to her usual mad self, albeit probably worse as she hasn't had a proper walk in a couple of weeks now. Still can't for another week! She list around 4 kilos in only A couple of days however she is now back at 27 :) A couple of pics of her

post-76155-0-47986400-1506465511_thumb.jpg

post-76155-0-11376000-1506465526_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hendrix's rifle

Lovely, looks like you've just taken a ski mask or goggles off her 😃

Your not wrong :lol:

She looks a beauty.

She is, lovely little dog she is. Much more so than the big one... he's a **** when he wants to be :lol:

Great pics , I'm so glad she's on the mend. Well done for acting quickly..

Cheers, I'm happy I took her for a walk and saw how bad she was. If I didn't it would have been too late.

Good to hear 👍

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Well, got the full reports back yesterday as requested, she had lost 2.1 litres of blood! How she's still here is beyond me... after reading the report I'm not too happy in fairness. They gave her a full hysterectomy for some reason? Just for those interested. Last night she was out with me on the rabbits and did well retrieving!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, harkom said:

glad it has turned out well, etc.. but why did you have here neutered? I hope it was not solely on "the vet's recommendation"-

I had her done because dealing with the 2 of them (the others a dog who I just can't bring myself to have done, he's my lad) when she's in season is a pain. I don't have the time or money to be dealing with a litter of pups although I'd have loved to in the future