Fox Q?

wildfowler.250

So, this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question but..

I know foxes are creatures of habit. I saw one the other evening and managed to get a snap shot off at it but missed it clean,(fortunate as no one likes wounding). Is it likely to stick to the same course again despite being shot at? I suppose there's only one way to find out but thought I'd pick the brains of folk who shoot a lot more than me.

*ps daytime, not with the lamp*

Thanks!

Difficult to say, especially this time of year. Cubs will be dispersing their natal territories so you could have just seen one on the move. If it's a resident dog or vixen you might see it again in the area but as far as at a certain time/place I wouldn't put too much stock in that at this time of year. With all the movement from dispersal they're a bit random. Get into more defined routines as winter wares on. Least that's what I've found.

I reckon it'll be back. Ive had this before when I've missed an early morning fox on it's rounds, and managed to ambush it again in the same place and time a few days later.

It's being shot at from lamps and calls that puts them off, not so much random shots out of nowhere in dayliaght.

Give it a few days and you may well very likely catch it.

hello, a bit like wildfowler, in the early spring of this year there were quite a few foxes giving trouble to the lambs and i got the biggest 2,now i have gone back to using a red torch mounted on scope (TR38 200 yard beam) and a powerfull white led torch spotter (200 yard beam) but now find the foxes are lamp shy which is good in a way, whats the best way using torches rather than my N/V scope this coming winter as i seem to get much eye strain with N/V, note the rabbits have all but disapeared and the last shot was 2 months ago so no bait.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper