Southern Ireland and TV access.

markm

Just like anyone with a Satellite dish in Europe can.

BBC etc is broadcast in the clear so although a TV licence is required in the UK, it's in-enforceable elsewhere.

Only encryption can stop viewing, a broadcast signal is generally 'omni-directional' and so you can just say "don't point it there"

But, what is the intention of the original question? Those in the North probably pick up RTE etc and I'm sure they don't go " oops, I must pay a licence fee to the south"

We pay a TV licence. Don't think it goes back to the UK.

You can get freesat pretty much anywhere in Europe. Same as if you have a Sky account, you can bring your box/card with you to Spain, and get it there if you have a dish set up.

BBC Radio is always a pleasure when driving up North.

Edited by iano

Who really cares? If our neighbors in Eire can receive the BBC for free? It ain't their fault! Good luck to em! It's costing me nowt! If the BBC could find a way to charge them....they undoutedly would!

BBC used to (might still?) have something for iPlayer where you could watch the programs when you weren't based in the UK, for a small fee.