zoli

ips

Cheers

I have handled one and it felt very nice in the hand. I am after an all round gun for occasional sporting, driven and rough. Fancy a change from beretta. Local rfd has a couple to choose from at very reasonable price. Any idea if the comb height is generally good as beretta from my experience are always very low

Cheers

I have handled one and it felt very nice in the hand. I am after an all round gun for occasional sporting, driven and rough. Fancy a change from beretta. Local rfd has a couple to choose from at very reasonable price. Any idea if the comb height is generally good as beretta from my experience are always very low

There are 3 Zolis that I know of making guns

It'll depend on the model the early budget guns where very low in the comb probably not what your looking at.

The latter mid range Game Guns and Kronos etc sporters are very useable at 1 3/8 & 2" drops

The trap and skeet guns a bit higher but still acceptable

The top of the range guns full custom made so you'll need to measure but also quite rare over here.

The Golden Falcon types etc, brought out at the same time as the Browning 425, weren't up to much to be honest, but when they brought out their Z models I had the chance to use both the new Beretta 692 and the new Zoli Z models.

Build quality and finishing was superb amongst contemporary manufacturers of similar price range guns and I much preferred the Zoli.

The Golden Falcon types etc, brought out at the same time as the Browning 425, weren't up to much to be honest, but when they brought out their Z models I had the chance to use both the new Beretta 692 and the new Zoli Z models.

Build quality and finishing was superb amongst contemporary manufacturers of similar price range guns and I much preferred the Zoli.

Thanks for info. 👍

Have you looked at the Caesar Guerini guns, they do a invictus accent grade 5 sideplated model and a nice Magnus model that's suited to all types of shooting. Seem to be popular and hold there value.

Last Zoli Z gun I handled felt the same as a Beretta Gold E, quite light and fast handling.

Hi IPS,

I agree, many Berretta's are too low in the comb. The latest 690 field, comes in two heights, and the higher of the two is the best fitting Berretta I have handled.

Not a Zoli, but worth a look.

Cardigun

Its about time Beretta addressed the issue of low comb. Will put it on my list, thanks

Suppose it depends on your market for stock dimensions. Beretta cocked up with the 690 seriesstocks sending to the uk the lower comb ones, even the adjustable ones needed all the bits fitting to bring it up to shoot flat.

Must be made for short necked round faced folk, take your pick of countries with markets to suit.

All Berettas 'slap' my cheekbone on recoil; not badly but badly enough for it to be off putting after a few shots.

Browning/Miroku/ Winchester shotguns don't.

I have had A LOT of Beretta over the years many having been adj comb but all bar two fixed stock have been stupid low. Cant say I have ever had any bruising though

Overall, this thread is good news.

If someone asks if you would like another gun, then there's probably only one answer. Should someone else then say that they'll pay for it, then any slight remaining doubt is immediately removed. Additionally, as re-sale value can not and will not come into it, then say no more. Production starts imminently. :)