Cyclist gets 18 Months

Newbie to this

What an absolute JOKE, a Cyclist (we all know his name) has just been sentenced to 18 months in a young offenders institute, for killing a pedestrian whilst riding an un-roadworthy vehicle. He has also shown no remorse and still blames the pedestrian, but because the LAW in this country only classes death by dangerous driving, as a death caused by a vehicle with an engine, he couldn't be prosecuted for it.

I hope the other young offenders make his life a living hell for the 9 ish months he will serve!

Time for a change in the law to bring cyclists in line with other road users.

(tax, insurance, licence, number plate and a yearly vehicle check).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute JOKE, a Cyclist (we all know his name) has just been sentenced to 18 months in a young offenders institute, for killing a pedestrian whilst riding an un-roadworthy vehicle. He has also shown no remorse and still blames the pedestrian, but because the LAW in this country only classes death by dangerous driving, as a death caused by a vehicle with an engine, he couldn't be prosecuted for it.

I hope the other young offenders make his life a living hell for the 9 ish months he will serve!

Totally agree with insurance, been saying it for years, I've seen some incidents where cyclists have caused damage to motors.

Is this the one where the woman was crossing the road with her head down looking at her I-phone in that case the guy was in the wrong but what sort of fool crosses the road looking a there phone screen bring back the green cross man and teach people that you stand still to look at a phone not wander about and expecting everyone elc to get out of your way.

Thousands, every day.

Is this the one where the woman was crossing the road with her head down looking at her I-phone in that case the guy was in the wrong but what sort of fool crosses the road looking a there phone screen bring back the green cross man and teach people that you stand still to look at a phone not wander about and expecting everyone elc to get out of your way.

And horses? Years ago a friend of mine was stopped on the A38 near Highbridge, a horse ridden by a 12 year old girl was acting up in the road and everyone had stopped because of it. The horse jumped on Garys car and crushed in the windscreen and roof, he suffered quite severe injuries and was off work for months, he was self employed, lost loads of work and couldn't pay his mortgage so his house was reposessed.

He couldn't get a penny from the horse owner or the girl that was riding it. I think anyone that uses the roads in any way, shape or form should have at least 3rd party cover.

And horses? Years ago a friend of mine was stopped on the A38 near Highbridge, a horse ridden by a 12 year old girl was acting up in the road and everyone had stopped because of it. The horse jumped on Garys car and crushed in the windscreen and roof, he suffered quite severe injuries and was off work for months, he was self employed, lost loads of work and couldn't pay his mortgage so his house was reposessed.

He couldn't get a penny from the horse owner or the girl that was riding it. I think anyone that uses the roads in any way, shape or form should have at least 3rd party cover.

Thats a terrible story but one that i've heard similar of befor, yes horse'es need insurance. Terry does bask do a cover for this?

The local horsey lot round our way are more rabid and militant than the cyclists; they will accept no criticism of themselves or anything "horse".

Indeed, most of the people (women) I know who are into horses fall into the totally nuts obsessed everything spins round horses loony category and I have no idea how anyone manages to stay married to one.

When it comes to horses, I'm with the French.

yes people should be able to show some sort of cover when using our roads be it horse,mobility scooters,etc,i am a horse owner however far to old now to ride them.but by the same token I believe there should also be mandatory insurance for lots of other activity's that could affect the public,and I am afraid that includes shooting,believe it or not all cert holders are not insured.

For me the lad should have got a heavier sentence and should have been charged with manslaughter.

I agree cyclists and horse riders should have insurance, my wife does and we both agree third party should be mandated. Like wise there should be something in place to allow you to identify a horse rider or cyclist. Third party insurance isn't that expensive for horse riders but I have yet to hear of insurance for cyclists (maybe it exists and maybe it doesn't :hmm:)

I also feel laws and punishments should be updated for offences committed by cyclists and horse riders.

But we also need to accept that the police are so thinly spread and in such demand that the chance of them policing these things to any level is highly unlikely. This is where I feel captured footage by helmet cam`s and car cams etc should be allowed to be used and submitted as evidence.

I dont think you tend to get many horses in the citys but I do feel police should be carrying out road side inspections of bikes like they do motor vehicles and have campaigns where they should be looking for condition of the bike, lights, brakes, tyre condition and helmets should be mandated.

I do believe that especially in London city centre cyclists are using their bikes forcefully and using them as transport method that is unpoliced and there for leaves them believing they are exempt from the law, traffic signals and common sense.

+1 it is about time.

Many people with house insurance are covered for public liability anyway!

yes but not all

I agree.sad as it is.