Cyclist gets 18 Months

Newbie to this

four-wheel-drive, on 18 Sept 2017 - 3:19 PM, said:

Is this the one where the woman was crossing the road with her head down looking at her I-phone in that case the guy was in the wrong but what sort of fool crosses the road looking a there phone screen bring back the green cross man and teach people that you stand still to look at a phone not wander about and expecting everyone elc to get out of your way.

I agree.sad as it is.

He lied - she did not do it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean I don't need car, motor cycle, travel insurance etc etc.....................Not to worry officer I've got house hold insurance I'm sure that will cover me for anything !!!

Not at all, but worth finding out if your a victim of a cycle incident where your car, property is damaged! As it could help pay for the damages!

Ah the PW court sits yet again.

Yes the person concerned was in the wrong, illegal bike, no compassion for the outcome of the consequences and another who believes he has done no wrong.

But how many on here have made a mistake in their lifetime and not admitted to it/been caught, l'm sure there are a few, even those who are condemning the convicted to an even worse future while incasterated at an HMP/YOI establishment, because while he is there he will gain a wealth of information and an even worse attitude as too what is right or wrong and will return to society a lot worse than when he went in.

Just remember we all have a choice in what we do, how it can effect others we won't ever know.

Yes the person concerned was in the wrong, illegal bike, no compassion for the outcome of the consequences and another who believes he has done no wrong.

But how many on here have made a mistake in their lifetime and not admitted to it/been caught, l'm sure there are a few, even those who are condemning the convicted to an even worse future while incasterated at an HMP/YOI establishment, because while he is there he will gain a wealth of information and an even worse attitude as too what is right or wrong and will return to society a lot worse than when he went in.

Just remember we all have a choice in what we do, how it can effect others we won't ever know.

Most if not all of us that have made a mistake and not admitted to it haven't taken a life then refused to take responsibility for it and then lied to get out of it.....

Deserves everything he got and should have been more imo

:shaun:

Yes we have all made mistakes, but i bet if any of us were involved in a similar incident most would be devastated at what had happened and would not be online blaming the victim. He has showed no remorse or taken any responsibility for his actions, he deserves everything he gets.

Hours after the crash, Alliston commented on a report about the crash on the Evening Standard website to say 'this was not my fault.'

He also wrote on a cycling forum: 'I won't say she deserved it, it was her fault. Yes it was her fault, but no she did not deserve it. Hopefully it is a lesson to be learned on her behalf.'

The court heard the day after, Alliston continued to post online about the collision, and answered questions about his bike's condition, saying it had 'come out alright-ish'.

Most if not all of us that have made a mistake and not admitted to it haven't taken a life then refused to take responsibility for it and then lied to get out of it.....

Deserves everything he got and should have been more imo

I cannot argue with a word. There ought to be an offence of stupidity or arrogance. When people do something which everyone but them believes is stupid or are arrogant enough to deny any culpability, they should get extra time.

An early guilty plea and showing some remorse and he wouldn't have served a day (seriously).

As much as anything it shows he's both unpleasant and obnoxious but stupid to boot and he's going to get what (little alas) is now coming to him.

He killed someone and there's a family out there missing a mum / sister / niece etc. so a little porridge can't come as too much of a surprise to him. He'll be out in half time if he keeps his nose clean; so that's 9 months for a life. I don't think he's getting short changed in that equation....

The local horsey lot round our way are more rabid and militant than the cyclists; they will accept no criticism of themselves or anything "horse".

Indeed, most of the people (women) I know who are into horses fall into the totally nuts obsessed everything spins round horses loony category and I have no idea how anyone manages to stay married to one.

When it comes to horses, I'm with the French.

It's a control thing mungler. These women like to control . I hav friend who was a very successful steeple chase jockey and he hated the women who where involved with the sport .

Harnser

I'm unsure on bike insurance. I can see both sides .

I use my bike a few times a year when I ride with my kids across the park and if I had to insure all our bikes I wouldn't bother.

On the other hand I've seen lads riding 30-50mph on the roads and it's similar to motorcycle speeds.

Join British Cycling, you get insurance for bikes as part of the membership. I agree it should be mandatory for all bike users, no matter where you use your bike there is always a risk you could hurt someone or damage something, I mainly do mountain biking and when the sun is out there are always people walking up designated cycle routes (despite warnings) where bikes will be coming down at 25mph+ minimum, it's only a matter of time before more accidents start hitting the headlines.

So lets not send anyone to prison because it will make them worse than they already are? Are you bonkers?

So lets not send anyone to prison because it will make them worse than they already are? Are you bonkers?

MM! read it again, what l have said is that he has the wrong attitude and it will only get worse while he is inside because of those around him.

I have worked in the environment and I have seen the outcome of peer pressure on quite a lot that have been there for a lot less than what this individual has been sentenced for.

Yes he should be locked away and the judge most likely gave the only sentence that was available to them at the time, even they have guidelines they have to follow until a law is changed.

Bonkers, not at all.

And horses? Years ago a friend of mine was stopped on the A38 near Highbridge, a horse ridden by a 12 year old girl was acting up in the road and everyone had stopped because of it. The horse jumped on Garys car and crushed in the windscreen and roof, he suffered quite severe injuries and was off work for months, he was self employed, lost loads of work and couldn't pay his mortgage so his house was reposessed.

He couldn't get a penny from the horse owner or the girl that was riding it. I think anyone that uses the roads in any way, shape or form should have at least 3rd party cover.

I agree. I own 2 horses myself and both have 3rd party cover, you can't do anything without it, all horse shows etc you need to have it. She should of had some form of cover, i'm sure he could of taken her to court if he gave her enough room and the horse still came into contact with the car.

I'm a rider, but i like to think a courteous one, always trot out the way and say thank you etc. I had a accident in January (first road accident in over 10 years of riding) lady in brand new 4x4 who thinks shes gods gift (who also admitted to hating horses/countryside yet lives in the village) tried to fit past me and my biggest horse on the narrowest part of the lane then stopped as she couldn't fit past it was so narrow. Horses bum knocked her car and she got out and instantly said, i knew it was to close. My horse caused her mirror to flip out but gave her my details. Shes trying to take me to court for the repair of under £200.. luckily my side are fighting it but not sure how it will go down as no witnesses.

MM! read it again, what l have said is that he has the wrong attitude and it will only get worse while he is inside because of those around him.

I have worked in the environment and I have seen the outcome of peer pressure on quite a lot that have been there for a lot less than what this individual has been sentenced for.

Yes he should be locked away and the judge most likely gave the only sentence that was available to them at the time, even they have guidelines they have to follow until a law is changed.

Bonkers, not at all.

This post is much less sympathetic to the offender- not how your previous post came across I'm afraid.

I will ask the question.

I have not heard of this cover at BASC but I will come back with an answer.

Thats a terrible story but one that i've heard similar of befor, yes horse'es need insurance. Terry does bask do a cover for this?

BASC do not have Insurance cover for Horses.

Edited by bakerboy