Beretta 391

landofficer

Need some help please,

I've got a 391 auto had it from new for 10 years used and abused it. It was playing up earlier in the year so replaced the recoil spring, firing pin and spring and the trigger unit as the carrier was not working properly,

this sorted the issue.

Now it won't eject the spent cartridge it gets stuck in the opening of the auto where it should get thrown out and the new cartridge gets stuck under it as it's come out of the magazine tube.

So both old and news cartridges are jammed in the guns mouth.

I've replaced the magazine tube spring and taken it all apart and can't see anything else to change apart

from the button spring that lets the bolt go forward.

I will get a picture of it and see if can get it on.

Thanks for having a read

Well vmaxphil it was something to do with the gas vents, took apart the gas piston bits by looking on the net on how to do it and got a chainsaw file and bent the end so to poke it into the gas holes, they didn't seem to be blocked but some stuff came out.

I've replaced all the mainsprings firing pin and had it all apart and sorted all manner of

problems. I would say to any one buy a new auto just take the standard warranty and just get the parts direct from beretta as it only take 2 days for them to arrive.

So save yourself fuel cost going to a gun dealer and the time it takes for them to send the broken part to beretta to ***** to see if it is under an extended warranty or just over use or miss use.

The carrier is not involved in the ejection of the spent cartridge only in lifting the new cartridge into position.

It sounds as though the problem has been solved by cleaning the gas ports properly.

Vic.

mine was the carrier Vic, had exactly the same issue as the OP, took it to gunsmith and said it was carrier, changed that no further issues