Will dogs eat Hare?

Dave-G

Whatever floats your boat!!

It doesn't float my boat at all, that cryptic reply doesn't offer any real help, in fact, I'm not sure if its a little sarcastic banter, forgive me if its not. I didn't really want to draw the post out with unpopular details but it seems I ought to now as I need to get to the bottom of this rather than risk a dogs health.

My sister feeds feeds gutted bunnies to her adult german shepherd dogs. She has never fed them Hare but would try it if it seems safe and dooable. We don't know - which is why the question is being asked.

One of my permissions has a Hare and occasional coursing issue but I don't really want to shoot them just for pest control as I have no use for them and don't want to waste them in a hedge to possibly feed fox. I thin them out but could get a lot more. They bleed a lot and just generally make a mess in the car. So the question remains - do they need boning, if so they'll get as far as the hedge. This might annoy some delicate members which is why its a shame I had to spell it out.

Thank you gentlemen. With the cautions about bones i'll leave it up to her to decide if she wants to risk it or not and will likely also make enquiries herself.

I'll not seek out Hare, but she fancies an evening on bunnies at least and if we happen apon a Hare then she will have to decide for herself.