Intruder shot

landy george

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cookoff013

why would a burgular pack "A wooden mallet, cable ties, a bottle of bleach, a funnel and bolt crimpers, and a machete" for a B&E ?

just what on earth a caravan contain that would need all that for theiving?

something is awfully fishy.

In view of the only charge he's facing and also if my memory serves me right, this will be interesting. Am I not right in thinking that some more wealthy/influential character of the same age who committed a similar offence was spared prison because of that age - quite recently I think? Have to admit, memory is a tad fuzzy.

One less burglar is my first thought.....my second thought, possibly more bad press from antis.

Aren't us Lawful shooters condemning him for having an illegally held firearm? Just shows how the laws don't even work.

An illegally held shotgun was used to shoot the man. That's what he's being charged with. The shooting was self defence.

Regardless of our thoughts on the outcome of the burglars demise. He owned a shotgun that he knew he needed a SGC for, he had applied and was refused due to lack of security in the caravan, he bought it anyway (so must have bought it illegally). He will go to jail, cannot see any other outcome in this one. Rightly so he has not be done with the murder as it has been done in self defense, but he will be jailed for possession of a firearm without a certificate.

As usual press hiping it up to more than it is, slap on the wrist and thanks from the comunity is all that is required.

Why should he only get a slap on the wrist??

He has an illegal gun. Most legal gun owners to take great care to secure there guns why should someone with an illegal gun be treated lightly.

Anyone with an illegal gun should have the book thrown at them, mibee there wold be less illegal guns around if the penalties were harsher and followed

Possibly at his age an exception could be made, but then any Oap would expect lennancy no matter wot they do.

Does no-one wonder why the old man had a petrol bomb in his caravan?

Looks like they were the intruders. Who appeared to be up to more than breaking and entering.

Officers later found a rucksack next to Mr Digby's body containing a mallet, cable ties and the ingredients for a crude Molotov cocktail made out of half a tennis ball, a flamable liquid and a rag.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/18/pensioner-admits-shooting-dead-burglar-breaking-caravan-illegally/

Why should he only get a slap on the wrist??

He has an illegal gun. Most legal gun owners to take great care to secure there guns why should someone with an illegal gun be treated lightly.

Anyone with an illegal gun should have the book thrown at them, mibee there wold be less illegal guns around if the penalties were harsher and followed

Possibly at his age an exception could be made, but then any Oap would expect lennancy no matter wot they do.

I think most people are referring to the fact he got rid of a criminal rather than his illegal ownership of a shotgun.

Regardless of our thoughts on the outcome of the burglars demise. He owned a shotgun that he knew he needed a SGC for, he had applied and was refused due to lack of security in the caravan, he bought it anyway (so must have bought it illegally). He will go to jail, cannot see any other outcome in this one. Rightly so he has not be done with the murder as it has been done in self defense, but he will be jailed for possession of a firearm without a certificate.

It doesn't necessarily follow that being in

possession of an illegally held shotgun means it was obtained illegally.

I have experience of several people whom owned illegally held shotguns which were obtained quite legally.

I wonder what sentence the surviving intruder received or what he was charged with. Is there a charge of going equipped to torture and murder, which I think the result would have been had they gained access and cable tied the old couple up. I would think they intended to illicit information from them. Obviously he shouldn't have had a gun, but perhaps social services should have been involved and moved them to a place of safety before this all happened

Andy