Beretta 692 - Epic Self Destruction

rogerha

Hello everybody. Thinking of buying a Beretta 692 ? This was the result of my second trigger pull a couple of weekends ago

post-80981-0-46742600-1505833948_thumb.jpg

It's currently with GMK for some sort of assessment, hopefully they will sort it all out for me. Incidentally I was in the gun dealer arranging its safe return, the guy randomly next to me was also returning his much newer 692 since he couldn't break it, jammed shut. That was it's second visit back to Beretta via GMK.

Anybody seen these failures on Beretta's ? The Gun Dealer said they have never seen anything like it, maybe I had a Friday afternoon build ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody. Thinking of buying a Beretta 692 ? This was the result of my second trigger pull a couple of weekends ago

unnamed.jpg

It's currently with GMK for some sort of assessment, hopefully they will sort it all out for me. Incidentally I was in the gun dealer arranging its safe return, the guy randomly next to me was also returning his much newer 692 since he couldn't break it, jammed shut. That was it's second visit back to Beretta via GMK.

Anybody seen these failures on Beretta's ? The Gun Dealer said they have never seen anything like it, maybe I had a Friday afternoon build ?

Yes. The screw that holds the trigger group to the top strap has sheared. There's been a few cases reported on other forums with early guns.

On the 682 there was a substatial bolt on the underside of the action (see any picture of the underside of a 682 on the interweb and you'll see it) this has been removed on the 692 and tge Trigger plate is just wedged in. It now relys on just the one small screw.

Looks very dramatic but should be an easy fix.

I expect beretta will have redesigned the screw by now with a more robust version.

I expect beretta will have redesigned the screw by now with a more robust version.

Don't be silly this is Beretta you're talking about, they just use loctite. No, seriously, that's exactly what they do.

The 692 with it's catalogue of design & quality issues is like Beretta's version of the Vauxhall Frontera. Don't buy one unless you've got a good sense of humour.

Yes. The screw that holds the trigger group to the top strap has sheared. There's been a few cases reported on other forums with early guns.

On the 682 there was a substatial bolt on the underside of the action (see any picture of the underside of a 682 on the interweb and you'll see it) this has been removed on the 692 and tge Trigger plate is just wedged in. It now relys on just the one small screw.

Looks very dramatic but should be an easy fix.

I think you nailed it Paul1440, I noticed a sheared screw under the safety catch that obviously was no good. Obviously I won't be keeping it when it comes back It was only 6 months in production when I bought it, lesson learned maybe.

Don't be silly this is Beretta you're talking about, they just use loctite. No, seriously, that's exactly what they do.

The 692 with it's catalogue of design & quality issues is like Beretta's version of the Vauxhall Frontera. Don't buy one unless you've got a good sense of humour.

******, are you telling my I have to sell my Frontera as well, another dream shattered.

As I've said on here before several times , all guns have issues , it's the way gmk deal with it is the problem and I personally think they are appalling.

Since returning my 692 many many times from New , touch wood it's performance has been without issues for many thousands of rounds now :)

Good luck with gmk from experience you will need it

Edited by fruity

As I've said on here before several times , all guns have issues , it's the way gmk deal with it is the problem and I personally think they are appalling.

Since returning my 692 many many times from New , touch wood it's performance has been without issues for many thousands of rounds now :)

Good luck with gmk from experience you will need it

Good point, GMK have been fine so far but it's early days. I have put around 15000 cartridges through it now I think so not sure how that compares. Was toying with the idea of a Perazzi next, perhaps the MXS, it seems a DT11 would be just a bit hard for me to part money for right now given my current experience.

Open to suggestions, I wasn't thinking about a new gun until last week !

Good point, GMK have been fine so far but it's early days. I have put around 15000 cartridges through it now I think so not sure how that compares. Was toying with the idea of a Perazzi next, perhaps the MXS, it seems a DT11 would be just a bit hard for me to part money for right now given my current experience.

Open to suggestions, I wasn't thinking about a new gun until last week !

When did you but the gun new , I found once all the upgrades has finally been done by gmk the gun is fine.

I tried many different guns before buying ,but Still love the 692 even after the issues.

Hope it's all resolved to your satisfaction promptly :)

When did you but the gun new , I found once all the upgrades has finally been done by gmk the gun is fine.

I tried many different guns before buying ,but Still love the 692 even after the issues.

Hope it's all resolved to your satisfaction promptly :)

Bought it ex-demo 4 years ago, never had a problem until now. Am I being too harsh on it do you think ? I was enjoying shooting it, I have to say.

Blimey that was one of the very very very first ones ( not that it’s an excuse mind ) , I’ve had a couple of 692s , much later ones . But both worked spot on. I know a lot of other 692 shooters on the clay sceen ( think the oldest gun is two yr old , so again later models ) but none of them have had problems. I know they have sorted a lot of issues with them of late.

Bought it ex-demo 4 years ago, never had a problem until now. Am I being too harsh on it do you think ? I was enjoying shooting it, I have to say.

I was evil every time I sent mine off , but decided to keep it and love shooting with it .

See how things pan out with gmk and how they resolve the issue , only you can make the decision to keep it or not, sometimes things do go wrong unfortunately:)

Just buy a old baikal and abuse it for the next forty years. You can paddle your canoe and then shoot your dinner with one. The 692 can't even work as a scatter gun with mainly 28g carts without issues. If your redesigning a gun make it better that the last model not weaker.

Hope you get it sorted ok.

You know one of those strange moments when you can't quite take in what has happened for a few seconds :) leaving the stand with half my gun in one hand and half in the other confused my mates for a few minutes as well :0

Yep - strange moments for sure. LOL @ your confused mates.

Clay shooting one day I opened a gun leaving a stand and had the foregrip fall in two.....