Beretta 692 - Epic Self Destruction

rogerha

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 682 gold e,think i will keep it now,was toying with the idea of trading up,after reading this it has put me off :whistling:

I bought mine because my mate has been shooting his 682 gold e for about 15 years, great gun, never given him a single problem and nice to shoot. Imagine the laugh when he let me borrow it to complete my round :)

Good point, GMK have been fine so far but it's early days. I have put around 15000 cartridges through it now I think so not sure how that compares. Was toying with the idea of a Perazzi next, perhaps the MXS, it seems a DT11 would be just a bit hard for me to part money for right now given my current experience.

Open to suggestions, I wasn't thinking about a new gun until last week !

Dt11 is a world away from 692.

First of all, credit to GMK, the gun was returned to my local dealer today. Given shipping time etc, I think they turned it around in 4 days, 3 years out of warranty and no charge at all. You cannot fault that service, and it was indeed that top screw that sheared.

I didn't come home with it though :) I tried a DT11, a Perazzi MXS, MX8, a new 692 Black Edition, a Blaser. Then randomly they guy said... try this.... Browning 725 Pro Sport (I had never heard of it)

Amazing, I then thought he was going to tell me it was £4k or something, at £3k I couldn't believe it, it just felt amazingly good actually like no other gun I picked up this afternoon.

So... now I am a Browning owner. The trade-in of the 692 was quite amusing, I couldn't quite convince them that it was a solid gun :)

GMK get a lot of unnecessary **** at lot of the time. I have always had nothing but great service from them. And how you was treated shows this.

Glad you got things sorted out. And enjoy the new gun

Edited by stevo

My EELL was double discharging and locking me out of the second shot and i put it into a local gunsmith who made it worse. I sent it to GMK via Bushwear and once the guys in GMK stripped it down it was obvious the repairer had made some of the internal parts worse.

They called me every step of the way and returned the gun to me with 18 parts replaced, basically renewed them all.

This gun had done sub 1000 shots and was out of warranty by some 7 years. The total cost including 2X RFD postal costs were under £100 including VAT.

Almost Swarovski excellence!

GMK get a lot of unnecessary **** at lot of the time. I have always had nothing but great service from them. And how you was treated shows this.

Glad you got things sorted out. And enjoy the new gun

Yep you absolutely cannot fault that service at all, 100% credit to them, will also be sending them a note of thanks.

Yep you absolutely cannot fault that service at all, 100% credit to them, will also be sending them a note of thanks.

That always goes a long way IMO, that somebody has taken the time to follow up a successful conclusion :good:

ALL manufacturers have problems somewhere along the line, but it is the speed and efficiency with which its sorted that is remembered.

Theyre mechanical pieces of metal after all, with certain parts that take a lot of pressure, **** happens

Glad you got a good outcome and especially from GMK who seem to have finally put the bad old days behind them. The ProSport is Browning's copy of the CG Summit Ascent and is getting quite popular with the sporting clays competition shooters. It's a meaty gun with some heft but the 2 or 3 owners I know are shooting very well with theirs.

Glad you got a good outcome and especially from GMK who seem to have finally put the bad old days behind them. The ProSport is Browning's copy of the CG Summit Ascent and is getting quite popular with the sporting clays competition shooters. It's a meaty gun with some heft but the 2 or 3 owners I know are shooting very well with theirs.

Good to know, thanks. Interestingly it was the meatiness that appealed. The DT11 was nice but felt unnecessarily heavy at the front end to me. On a 300-400 cartridge day I could see that getting the better of me. The 725 had some weight but for me at least felt better distributed. Of course we are all different, but as I said earlier, I picked it up and it just felt right, which has to be a good place to start I guess.

• 2 years later...

I appreciate this is an old topic but, I went out today and tried fitasc for the first time and despite never having shot gun down for clay’s I was really enjoying myself and doing ok. First up on the last layout, first target smashed with first barrel, as I released the gun from my shoulder ready to reload  I felt something move, not good......

F2490B66-3AA3-4E1D-B7BE-682BB90264A2.jpeg

Edited by Spr1985

13 hours ago, figgy said:

New screw is alls needed, fix it yourself for a few pounds. Drop of loctite on thread when you fit new screw.

Your paying that money for a gun made by beretta It’s totally unacceptable new screw or not Beretta making guns over 500 years that should not be happening Not to mention down write dangerous 

15 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Your paying that money for a gun made by beretta It’s totally unacceptable new screw or not Beretta making guns over 500 years that should not be happening Not to mention down write dangerous 

A Beretta main dealer who toured the Beretta factory told me they turn entry models out on an automated production line like shelling peas. He said that each one cost Beretta around £150 to produce. The rest of your £1700 pounds(ish) is factory profit, transport costs, wholesalers profit, dealers profit and vat.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

A Beretta main dealer who toured the Beretta factory told me they turn entry models out on an automated production line like shelling peas. He said that each one cost Beretta around £150 to produce. The rest of your £1700 pounds(ish) is factory profit, transport costs, wholesalers profit, dealers profit and vat.

Well … they have a new side by side out from £19 875 … which is laser engraved !!

I'd hate to see the breakdown on costs for that !!

Thanks for the responses gents, I’m far from impressed and will be visiting the shop I purchased from tomorrow to see what they have to say.  It cost me over £2k second hand.....I did my research before buying  (clearly not enough research) and it was very well priced based on its condition and at that time current market prices for the same. I sincerely hope that the shop/gmk/ beretta do the right thing and and get it sorted out quick sharp and without charge, failing that my final resort will be to go through the credit card company on a not fit for purpose basis. Thankfully had the foresight to buy in cc and pay straight off to gain the protection that cards offer in purchases.

8 hours ago, London Best said:

That makes it even worse Paying all that money for a beretta o/u Good information just goes to show what the common man is paying