Honda CR-V 1998 Silver

Sprucey

Hi All,

Just testing the water on this one......

Time has come to change my car.

I have at the moment a CRV 1998 with 83000 miles on the clock Silver

2.0L Auto Petrol

Full leather Interior

service history

5 brand new(2000 miles) Yoko GO12 A/T Tyres (Plus spare on the back)

2 x new bottom arms (To tighten it all up)

2 x New Anti-roll bar bushes

sills welded so Mot till July next year i think.

used to go across fields pigeon shooting etc.. granddad brought it new from Wolverhampton honda. so i am the 2nd owner from new.

Only selling as I need a diesel with the miles that I do for work.

I am looking for an Xtrail (If anybody knows to one)

What would people offer me?

Thanks guys in advance.

I have a D5 XC90 as a second car barge shoot shopping vehicle that has become the main use car. Averaging low thirties and town driving is 29-30 unless my wife's been in it then it goes down to 28 round town.

Mate swears by X trails and is on his second after lots and lots of miles in his 2.2 diesel one he ran for around ten years. You get good and bad ones like most makes.

I'd be more inclined to stick with a Honda CRV but a diesel one. Hawk eye on here has one.

Edited by figgy

My XTrail is the post-2007 2 litre manual diesel and according to the dash readout my average is 36.5mpg, that's with a fairly heavy foot and mostly driving around lanes and B roads. On a run with the cruise control at 70 it goes up way beyond that. I think the auto is a thirstier beast and it's also lacking about 25 horsepower vs the manual.

I love mine and would definitely have another if it was nicked/written off tomorrow.

Cheers Simon, Yeah i dread to think what the CRV is doing MPG wise.... something like 20 to 25 at the most. I'm going to look at a 54 plate T-Spec tonight. I'd have a newer CRV but still they don't have Diff-Lock like the old. Joined a new shoot this year that isn't as easy to drive around especially when wet.

Cheers Simon, Yeah i dread to think what the CRV is doing MPG wise.... something like 20 to 25 at the most. I'm going to look at a 54 plate T-Spec tonight. I'd have a newer CRV but still they don't have Diff-Lock like the old. Joined a new shoot this year that isn't as easy to drive around especially when wet.

Hope you find something worth buying mate. Your CRV will be a good buy for somebody, looks to me like it'll go forever same as all Hondas.