"im mainly doing HW77 fettle"

ditchman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a substantial amount of hedge, it will probably cost a fair bit to get it done "professionally".

We could muster the PW massive and attack it from both ends one day!

what "that" hedge wants............................................................is a" limited nuclear strike"..........

theres a fat lad around here called kim jon who does gardens ....he can have a go at it...........

What i will do is use it until xmas...................then i will do a post on stripping the mechanical things/bits down......i think it is a bit gunked up in the trigger mech'....but ok in the pressure chamber.....so we will see how we get on...

cheers

ditch

post-11401-0-02768400-1506263999_thumb.jpg

You've made a cracking job of that stock ditch, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the rest of it later fella. Great thread, thanks for sharing.

you are most welcome................it feels a lot nicer to hold now ...rather than the old varnish finish....got to sand down the butt pad and pistol grip end plate ..as on the butt i took nearly 2mm off to get the deep scratches out...

So that's it then. Less than a week from start to finish. As no one is shooting any pigeons and reporting what are we to do for entertainment?

what i would normally have done is a full stripdown of the internals....but as it shoots so well and the ft/lbs are on the limit..............then why fix it when it aint broke...........just out of interest, during winter ...i will post up a full stripdown of the internals....but until then ...sorry thats yer lot on this one....

• 4 weeks later...

Right...............finally managed to get out on a day when there was no wind..........to at last zero the HW77.....

first put the target up at 30metres as that will be the average range i will be shooting at....................

1. shots 1&2.....lost my zone (had the safety on...muppet)
  2. had a fag and settled down
  3. then shot 3...4...5......

well pleased im sure i could have got it better if i was more settled..........

Then i brought the target to half distance (15metres) as i wanted to see what hold under i needed...

1. shots 1....2....3....4...5...more or less thro the same hole
  2. very little deviation between 15 and 30metres

what i will do next time is to target up at 35 and 40 metres.............but the main thing is i can now safely use it on kill shots...........

not a bad 32 year old rifle..........well pleased with that...................

post-11401-0-59349200-1508765278_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-29633000-1508765286_thumb.jpg