Ear protection

DanBettin

Thanks lads, much appreciated.

Seems like the general consensus is the cens.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - any opinions on how they compare to over ear ones?

From the perspective of cancelling a shotgun blast over the ear provides much better protection as it covers the entire ear. In terms of the amplification of ambient sounds I think the higher end over the ear muffs have the edge personally.

The advantage of the in ear cens is comfort and discretion. Some folks just feel 'penned in' in the over the ear defenders.

From the perspective of cancelling a shotgun blast over the ear provides much better protection as it covers the entire ear. In terms of the amplification of ambient sounds I think the higher end over the ear muffs have the edge personally.

The advantage of the in ear cens is comfort and discretion. Some folks just feel 'penned in' in the over the ear defenders.

Totally agree.

The problem I have is that when I mount the gun, the stock clunks against the cans. It was just too off putting, hence going for the in ear versions.

I have emtech noise breakers but wish I went for cens as the inserts are upgradeable

Trust me, you made the BEST choice. I have both. The Emtech are far superior to Cens. I have had several problems with my Cens, the attitude of the Company was bad, to say the least. It ended up my paying £75 to have a fault rectified. That fault had been a problem from day 1 and they had already been repaired twice under warranty. Someone on another shooting Forum has experienced the same attitude from the Company, it appears their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired.

Totally agree.

The problem I have is that when I mount the gun, the stock clunks against the cans. It was just too off putting, hence going for the in ear versions.

I have suffered exactly the same problem and not just clunking on the stock, but a large blood blister on my right cheek. I have had a set of Emtechs for around 16 years without ANY problems whatsoever. I even had 1 replaced after losing the original. Just wish I could say the same about my £400, 5 years old Cens !

Edited by Westley

Trust me, you made the BEST choice. I have both. The Emtech are far superior to Cens. I have had several problems with my Cens, the attitude of the Company was bad, to say the least. It ended up my paying £75 to have a fault rectified. That fault had been a problem from day 1 and they had already been repaired twice under warranty. Someone on another shooting Forum has experienced the same attitude from the Company, it appears their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired.

no, he didn't and I don't think they are.

had my Cens proflex digital 1's four or five years now, that comfy you forget your wearing them, there're great when its warm, it seems to be who you pick to do the fitting, David who did mine came to the house, then delivered them to check the fitting was correct, I thought excellent service.

only wear my MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X when its cold or when I'm on the quad to keep my cap on

I have Emtech and they are very confortable and effective.

OK the electronic Cens will have the effect on better speech transmission but H*ll, you certainly pay for it.

Buy some Emtech and you won't hear all the back chat and whinging and you can happily get on with your shooting.

• 2 weeks later...

How does it work getting a pair of Emtec plugs please those that have em.

From what i gather you get into a local outlet in your area, Have an impression taken, Pay them and Emtec get this and send you the finished item in the post, Is that about right ?

Fed up now with my over ear defenders smacking the Gun stock and upsetting my mount such as it is !!

Edited by Snoozer

From what i gather you get into a local outlet in your area, Have an impression taken, Pay them and Emtec get this and send you the finished item in the post, Is that about right ?

Fed up now with my over ear defenders smacking the Gun stock and upsetting my mount such as it is !!

Exactly, email emtec and they will give you the details of a local emtec audiologist, make an appointment, get the molds made and pay the audiologist. In about 2 weeks you get the plugs through the door.

Contact Emtech Labs, they have a fitting network around the country

and they are usually supporting the national shooting shows around the country where you can get a fitting.

Excellent service.

Contact Emtech Labs, they have a fitting network around the country

and they are usually supporting the national shooting shows around the country where you can get a fitting.

Excellent service.

:good:

Found one in Kettering Northants...Visit imminent :)

Edited by Snoozer