Quarter work

michufc

That's good news mate, glad it helped. I sharpened up the stop with the ball tonight whilst dogging in. 👍

I cast her off pip a turn and when she looks chuck a ball in the air six foot or so, so it lands about four foot in front of me. After a few goes you randomely chuck ball or not chuck ball so the dog "gambles" that there is a ball there. I believe that if your training without correction then a ball is a very powerful tool. 👍

I am no expert of course but its worked for me

Yes I have started to help dogging in so as you know lots of birds and scent so I think that might be why he is getting so head strong 😂

Your not on your own mate, my one is now experienced after two seasons at two shoots and two seasons dogging in. She has started to line foot scent and is pulling out on that. I am keeping a close eye on her and using turn whistle and rewarding the turn with hunting her into cover but turn whistle her out straight away in case she pulls through to the other side. The problem with dogging in is that reared young birds don't want to fly they prefer to jog on which seems to pull the dog along. If we see birds in the open I turn whistle her away to break away from it as I do to flushes

Michufc

Is he following foot scent when he pulls out. Were I am (in the vid) the fields are full of visible little paths that the birds have made going walk about. These foot scents are what is pulling my one out but a turn whistle before she gets to "hooked" on the scent does the trick