Bumper crop this year

figgy

Crops of wild fruits and nuts seem to be the biggest and heavy crop I can remember. My wife and I have picked so huge Hazel nuts and cob nuts. Trees are laden with them, fruit trees are bowed with fruit now. Apples and pears are everywhere. Skies are like musket balls and very early.

What's it like where you live.

I got this season's sloes yesterday (please note last year's harvest was zero): my usual "fruitful" place, most of the trees/shrubs were bare but the few that had berries (I would say approx. 20% of the total number of trees) had some of the biggest, heaviest, juiciest sloes I've ever seen. Odd, most odd.

Sloes most abundant, big, juicy and early around here. Picked mine two weeks ago and have already got two demi-johns of sloe gin on the go. Last year they were conspicuous by their absence, so I`ve got some catching up on stocks to do.

Picked 10 lbs wild damsons so looking to make either damson gin, vodka or whisky. Not decided yet. Any ideas which is best ? or perhaps three smaller lots of each.

OB

Sloes most abundant, big, juicy and early around here. Picked mine two weeks ago and have already got two demi-johns of sloe gin on the go. Last year they were conspicuous by their absence, so I`ve got some catching up on stocks to do.

Picked 10 lbs wild damsons so looking to make either damson gin, vodka or whisky. Not decided yet. Any ideas which is best ? or perhaps three smaller lots of each.

OB

Vodka!