Brexit - Merged Threads

panoma1

So as many of us suspected, the the real reason the EU negotiators will not discuss the terms of our Brexit is revealed! And surprise surprise.....it's down to cash!....lots of it!......cash that will be used to, amongst other things, subsidise EU members/officials/employees (including the EU Negotiators!) pensions!

The EU negotiators are trying to hold the UK to ransom, and openly demanding money from us with menaces! If we give them enough cash they will 'maybe' start negotiations....if we don't, they won't!......And the UK government appears to be tripping over themselves in their rush to give in and comply?

This is a *******joke! If they are not prepared to give and take (negotiate).......then I believe we should advise them to ****right off!

Why is May offering the EU £18billion........what are they offering in exchange? ****all?

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

She is risking a massive backlash here by trying to appease the EU.

However, it doesnt address the EUs demands for talks moving forward at all.

Surely she can see that no one is going to be happy with these proposals ?

Not the EU ,leavers or indeed remainers.

It makes the 'leave date' very close to the next election, if we even get that far.

Is it some kind of ploy, or am I overthinking the whole thing ?

Doesnt really make sense doing that speech tbh, and why in Florence (besides a junket) she could just as easily have done it outside No10 or in the commons.

I still see us walking away without a deal, not because we want to , but because Brussels makes us.

It makes the 'leave date' very close to the next election, if we even get that far.

What did you quitters expect. FGS much, much more to come. £18bn just an opening gambit. Unfortunately its not just the quitters that have to pay the price.

'Brussels makes us' LOL you must be on one. :lol::lol::lol: just like the playground. MISS he made me do it!!!!

Edited by oowee

I suspect that the majority of people on PW have never been involved in serious negotiations other than with their other half. And they probably lose that one!

She is trying to move the negotiations forward. And the £18n is the cost of a transition agreement i.e what we would pay for partial membership during the transition, plus cost of our remaining commitments.

We don't want and exit without a deal and neither do the EU.

I suspect that the majority of people on PW have never been involved in serious negotiations other than with their other half. And they probably lose that one!

She is trying to move the negotiations forward. And the £18n is the cost of a transition agreement i.e what we would pay for partial membership during the transition, plus cost of our remaining commitments.

So why should we pay. Why can they not pay to keep our trade. We pay how much in every day.

Its interesting listening to things outside of the media bulcrap. People with experience of what the EU is like. But at the end of the day, we will crumble and pay out. Its what will happen

So why should we pay. Why can they not pay to keep our trade. We pay how much in every day.

Its interesting listening to things outside of the media bulcrap. People with experience of what the EU is like. But at the end of the day, we will crumble and pay out. Its what will happen

Because it's cheaper and practical, part of the bargain. Identify EU needs, meet those needs and distribute value to build trust and move forward.

Edited by oowee

Because it's cheaper and practical, part of the bargain. Identify EU needs, meet those needs and distribute value to build trust and move forward.

Why dont they offer something back then ?

At what point in these one sided negotiations have the EU made any kind of friendly or conciliatory gesture?

Im sorry ,but trying to build trust with them is like inviting a lion round for dinner, our dear cousins in Brussels couldnt care less what happens to us after we leave, they are just bothered how much money they can extract out of it.

The real Europeans, the manufacturers and citizens who live,travel, trade and work here, should be the first consideration for the EU, that is their JOB!

But remoaners like you seem to forget all about what the EU is actually for, helping Europe to work together.

Blinded by the inane rantings of the leftie press, some people need to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

Someone has to foot the bill that the EU has, for paying the people trafficers (criminals involved in slavery) in Africa, not to traffic people to the EU.

I know, :good: it's an ingenious idea, pay a criminal not to commit a crime, so he can commit it anyway (he is a criminal after all), and make twice as much money.

Just shows the mentality of the unelected, unelectable dictatorship that is the EU. Can't understand why any sane person would want to be a part of it (unless you're one of the dictatorship elite).

Just tell the EU where they can shove it and stop paying them, if they want a divorce settlement then maybe we should give them the remaining debt from both world wars, it is after all, theirs really.

Edited by Newbie to this

"I think the principle of paying what we had committed to in this budget round is fair! "

OK then...... But

" But it stops there!"

I think not. UK plc has invested large sums in European infrastructure e.g. Strasbourg, etc, etc.... why would one walk away without one's due share of the whole thing??

And I "suspect" your comment is bit condescending, considering you don't know anything about those you are addressing!

Why is she trying to move negotiations forward? The EU negotiators don't seem bothered, they are not trying to "move the negotiations forward"......they are effectively saying "you accede to our demands now, and we may give you something later, maybe"............no one other than a fool will go into any negotiations to buy or sell anything, without being prepared to walk away without a deal......especially if the other party won't negotiate.........if you do you will certainly end up with a carp deal!

At the moment the one thing that makes sense to me is May's statement that "no deal is better than a bad deal"

And I "suspect" your comment is bit condescending, considering you don't know anything about those you are addressing!

Why is she trying to move negotiations forward? The EU negotiators don't seem bothered, they are not trying to "move the negotiations forward"......they are effectively saying "you accede to our demands now, and we may give you something later, maybe"............no one other than a fool will go into any negotiations to buy or sell anything, without being prepared to walk away without a deal......especially if the other party won't negotiate.........if you do you will certainly end up with a carp deal!

At the moment the one thing that makes sense to me is May's statement that "no deal is better than a bad deal"

I strongly agree that no deal is better than a bad deal. But we are a long way away from any deal yet. There are still 18 months to run and this is all part of the negotiation process.

So everything remains the same? May has on our behalf given the EU another two years of funding costing £billions and lumbered us with at least two more years of EU rule............and consequently, should the political landscape change during the next two years? As is highly likely..........the door is open to reverse Brexit........smells like a backdoor victory for the remoaners and a defeat for democracy to me?

So everything remains the same? May has on our behalf given the EU another two years of funding costing £billions and lumbered us with at least two more years of EU rule............and consequently, should the political landscape change during the next two years? As is highly likely..........the door is open to reverse Brexit........smells like a backdoor victory for the remoaners and a defeat for democracy to me?

+1