Brexit - Merged Threads

panoma1

Agree with this. But we have much of this power now with non EU and choose not to or are unable to use it. We would need visa'as that encourage not dissuade.

The border issue is .......... well who knows the answer to what looks like a simple question.

The rest is just part of the bargain that has to be struck. The UK side has not mentioned a figure (in public) only press speculation.

The only figure we should mention is how much the EU owe us, it's a joke, the sooner we're out the better, I only wish farage was the one doing the negotiating. At this point I hope we have the hardest of hard brexits possible, at least that way some snivelling politician can't twist brexit into the obscene decimation of democracy it appears to be becoming.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am vehemently for Brexit and have been for many years and was totally jubilant after the vote but it ain't going to happen, not one of the three traitorous parties supports it. Democracy if we ever had any is dead, Farage is back in the long grass him forming a new party with some prominent Leave MP's really was the last hope we had Politically. The Tories will pay the price of a Labour destruction of the country and economy to keep us in the EU, they know Labour will only have one term and are playing the long game. When the EU are writing your PM's 'top secret major speech' you know your Governments treachory is breaking some whole new frontiers.

Edited by JRDS

Pure scum, I have stopped getting automated House Of Commons e mail replies from my MP so I assume he has blocked me, says it all really. UKIP didn't field an MP for me to vote for last election or I would have. They have been exposed now so just like my MP will put their fingers in their ears.

Edited by JRDS

The only thing I believe we can do now is vote UKIP at the next election, at least with article 50 triggered if we vote a party like ukip in the policies towards Europe can be changed far more easily now.

No other choice for me. Tories dragging their feet over Brexit. Labour making promises they cannot and will not keep. The rest now let me think.... Zzzzzzz.

The only thing I believe we can do now is vote UKIP at the next election, at least with article 50 triggered if we vote a party like ukip in the policies towards Europe can be changed far more easily now.

Not enough people will do this, leaving the door wide open to Labour.

Edited by ShootingEgg

Well, we don't know when the next election will be, or who will be leading UKIP (or the Tories). Whilst I have real sympathy with some UKIP views, I do not believe that at the present they have any hope at all of winning. To go from no MPs to a majority won't happen.

Therefore I reluctantly conclude that a vote for UKIP would let Jeremy Corbyn do better. Apart from his wobbly weakness on Brexit (which is significantly more wobbly and weak than Teresa May), he has some truly disastrous economic and political policies ........ and his 'team' of Mcdonnell, Abbot, Thornberry are not credible to me. His 'momentum' supporters are antisemitic and full of 'hate' and many advocate law breaking and violence - not far from fascists. I could NEVER do anything that risked them getting power.

Amen.

Well, we don't know when the next election will be, or who will be leading UKIP (or the Tories). Whilst I have real sympathy with some UKIP views, I do not believe that at the present they have any hope at all of winning. To go from no MPs to a majority won't happen.

Therefore I reluctantly conclude that a vote for UKIP would let Jeremy Corbyn do better. Apart from his wobbly weakness on Brexit (which is significantly more wobbly and weak than Teresa May), he has some truly disastrous economic and political policies ........ and his 'team' of Mcdonnell, Abbot, Thornberry are not credible to me. His 'momentum' supporters are antisemitic and full of 'hate' and many advocate law breaking and violence - not far from fascists. I could NEVER do anything that risked them getting power.

Amen.

Which will mean that the Conservatives can continue to **** on their traditional supporters, ignoring their wishes because they have nowhere else to go. So there will be more liberalism, PC stupidity, multiculturalism and unfettered immigration. The cosy two party system will trundle on and the electorate yet again will be treated with contempt.

Possibly true, but would be SO much worse under the Trotskies.

Which will mean that the Conservatives can continue to **** on their traditional supporters, ignoring their wishes because they have nowhere else to go. So there will be more liberalism, PC stupidity, multiculturalism and unfettered immigration. The cosy two party system will trundle on and the electorate yet again will be treated with contempt.

I agree that this is the case at present - but the present UKIP won't get into power at the next election. Without Farage, they are an empty shell anyway.

JC, McDonnell, Abbott Thornberry etc. would;

• ruin the economy, vastly increase inflation, unemployment, taxation.
  • mortgage our future by borrowing even more than we do now - which would give high interest rates and hasten the loss of our already slipping credit rating
  • probably discard our nuclear deterrent.
  • be soft on terrorism - they have a record of supporting terrorists.
  • allow free immigration and immediate access to benefits.
  • have either have a very soft Brexit (or possibly no Brexit at all)
  • vastly increase state control
  • re-nationalise various utilities - and those of us who remember long waits for telephones from a state monopoly, frequent power cuts, dirty slow trains .....

Latest idea is a 'tax' on robots ........ so the rest of the world will introduce more robots - making cheaper, better products. Here no one will invest in robot technology, so industry will fall behind and we will loose what is left of the motor industry and other manufacturing industry - and people will invest overseas where robot technology will be welcomed.

In short, we will end up like Venezuala, run by people JC admires. I would reluctantly accept a slightly 'dodgy' tory government to avoid any one of those.

Like at ZERO! and extending the "transition" period means another massive influx of Romainian, Slovakian, Albanian and Bulgarian semi-illiterate unskilled labour....which Corbyn will embrace with open arms, grant them British citizenship, give them the vote, and have a permanent Labour majority! It stinks!

But we did vote OUT! so those disappointed by that result should just shut up and get on with helping their country to move forwards OUT of the EU, and into a new era!

Albania is not an EU member, FYI.

Agree with this. But we have much of this power now with non EU and choose not to or are unable to use it. We would need visa'as that encourage not dissuade.

The border issue is .......... well who knows the answer to what looks like a simple question.

The rest is just part of the bargain that has to be struck. The UK side has not mentioned a figure (in public) only press speculation.

We are unable to use it because the EU makes it that way for the most part.

What we need is something to dissuade people coming here specifically for our generous benefits system.

Irish border, yes it is really a simple thing, but the EU want to make it a big thing , why ?

Citizens rights, why dont they say what they would like ?

Divorce bill, why should we be the one to mention a figure ? Whatever it is ,it wont be enough !

Because at the end of the day, Brussels dont want us to have 'nice' Brexit, despite the fact its going to hurt their own citizens , if we are given decent terms, then move on to make a success of our country, what then for the EU ?

Unless you are copping more money than you put in, which I will guarantee you will pay back in some way shape or form later, its a no brainer, sets a dangerous precedent, and would lead to the end of their dream.

So ,it cant happen can it ?

They will keep making ludicrous demands, knowing full well if the (present) UK government gives in, will lead to massive dissatisfaction, possibly ushering in a new pro EU government.

If you cant see that the EU team are intransigent, vague and downright rude about the whole thing, you need to step out of the remain bubble for just a second ,and look at it objectively, Barnier has been instructed to make the negotiations fail, end of.

Then they can justify their new hostile position against the UK, causing as much distress to our economy and populace, forcing us back, cap in hand to renegotiate our return to the fold, with new rules, migrant quotas and probably the euro, bye bye Britain.

Yet.

Albanians can visit EU countries without a visa for three months at a time legally, since they were given Schengen membership and many thousands do not return home. Out of the four nationalities mentioned previously, they appear to be here in larger numbers, especially in metropolitan areas :hmm:

Albanians can visit EU countries without a visa for three months at a time legally, since they were given Schengen membership and many thousands do not return home. Out of the four nationalities mentioned previously, they appear to be here in larger numbers, especially in metropolitan areas :hmm:

But then your classified as an 'overstayed' and subject to deportation when/if discovered.

Obviously this person would be having to be employed 'on the black' and would not be able to be in receipt of any Benefits or tax credits

But then your classified as an 'overstayed' and subject to deportation when/if discovered.

Obviously this person would be having to be employed 'on the black' and would not be able to be in receipt of any Benefits or tax credits

So its ok to have many criminal Albanian gangs in the country because they do not get benefits, really!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40439802

JRDS

Now your taking what was a BREXIt thread into a totally different topic

Of course its not ok to have ANY criminal gangs

Be they Albanian mobsters- Italian mafias or the Merseyside mob etc

But I guess you really want me to bring up Rochdale dont you and you can do a double dig.......

If you really like to use google to find out a story then lets have your home town and do one for ourselves! Probably find a gang of some description, but that will be ok as they are British

JRDS

Now your taking what was a BREXIt thread into a totally different topic

Of course its not ok to have ANY criminal gangs

Be they Albanian mobsters- Italian mafias or the Merseyside mob etc

But I guess you really want me to bring up Rochdale dont you and you can do a double dig.......

If you really like to use google to find out a story then lets have your home town and do one for ourselves! Probably find a gang of some description, but that will be ok as they are British

I think you've misconstrued his point, he's saying that due to being in the EU, criminals can move freely without checks, not that all Albanians are criminals.

From wiki

[edit]

Albanian mafia gangs are believed to be largely behind sex trafficking, immigrants smuggling, as well as working with Turkish gangs in Southend-on-Sea, who control the heroin trade in the United Kingdom.[29][30]

Vice squad officers estimate that "Albanians now control more than 75 per cent of the country’s brothels and their operations in London’s Soho alone are worth more than £15 million a year." They are said to be present in every big city in Britain as well as in many smaller ones including Telford and Lancaster, after having fought off rival criminals in turf wars. Associate groups within the organizations will also hide their criminal activities within restaurants, bars, and clubs in an attempt to remain undercover.[31]

Albanian gangsters were also involved in the largest cash robbery in British crime history, the £53 million (about US$92.5 million at the time of the robbery) Securitas heist in 2006.[32]

According to the Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency (SCDEA), Albanian mafia groups have muscled in on the drug and vice trades within the Scottish underworld. The (SCDEA) notes that Albanian mafia groups have established a foothold in arms and drugs trafficking in Scotland.

Albanian mafia in UK is heavily involved in prostitution and together with Turkish mafia control more than 70% of prostitution market in London.[citation needed] In the last few years Albanian mafia was involved more in drug trafficking than in prostitution and they sold more than 500,000 kilos of drugs in London alone.[citation needed]

Other criminal gangs are available..

HELLO, STOP PRESS!!!!!!!! that Mr Davis is planning to retire and will be stepping down from the BREXIT talks in 2019 and guess who will be taking over, Mrs Mays best :friends: friend and our man of the moment (ROLL OF DRUMS) BORIS JOHNSON, he who bemoaned his £100,000 plus salary was not enough, says he has no intention of wanting to become Prime Minister :hmm: WILL HE BE THE ONE TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THE EU MASTER,Mr Barnier who was described as the most dangerous man in Europe :rolleyes: