Brexit - Merged Threads

panoma1

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Bargain - only £250 million a week to be allowed to buy goods from european countries. 

Yes, imagine if we weren't in the EU already, now imagine being asked if we'd like to join, all we'd have to do is give £250 million a week for the privilege of buying only their goods, banning us from trading with the rest of the world, giving power up to make our own laws, giving up the rule of law to their courts and allowing anyone into the country they tell is to. You'd tell them to go whistle.

If being a member of the EU was a novel in a book, you'd laugh and say what a load of rubbish, no country would join under the terms the UK has!

It'd almost be funny if it wasn't true, it baffles me how anyone wants to stay, but then most I've spoken to who do have personally vested interests in remaining.

Edited by 12gauge82

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes, imagine if we weren't in the EU already, now imagine being asked if we'd like to join, all we'd have to do is give £250 million a week for the privilege of buying only their goods, banning us from trading with the rest of the world,

As the world's second largest supplier of services and to all intents and purposes there being no free market in this sector in the EU we're restricted, if not 'banned', in trading with them.  I expect this to be of significance when we're negotiating our trade deal, if they won't freely take what we sell, why should we freely take what they sell?

Edited by yod dropper

14 hours ago, Retsdon said:

http://www.eureferendum.com

https://peterjnorth.blogspot.com/?m=1

I've found these two blogs to be very educational, and would recomnend them to anyone who is interested in following the Brexit story in more depth. 

Lol.  This blogger is the "expert Brexiteer" people roll out, who also denies climate change and uses racist terms all over his blog.

Edited by Granett

4 hours ago, Granett said:

Lol.  This blogger is the "expert Brexiteer" people roll out, who also denies climate change and uses racist terms all over his blog.

In fairness there's no end of liars on both sides of the argument.

There's also alot of racists who have clung to the leave side, but that was always going to happen, a racist is never going to want to remain and have more immigration, luckily it is a very small minority and most Brexiters are just as disillusioned with the liars on both sides and disgusted at the racists (who in fairness are mainly on the leave side) as the remainers.

I am at a loss as to why people assume that Brexiteers contain the most racists. It is at best a wild guess, at worst a slur.

Has there been a poll of all Brexiteers to ascertain this, or is it just another Remain slur?

Await Granett (the Sphinx) with a rebuttal, but still no quotes to support his pronouncements. Never one to let facts cloud the issue.

54 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I am at a loss as to why people assume that Brexiteers contain the most racists. It is at best a wild guess, at worst a slur.

Has there been a poll of all Brexiteers to ascertain this, or is it just another Remain slur?

Await Granett (the Sphinx) with a rebuttal, but still no quotes to support his pronouncements. Never one to let facts cloud the issue.

Because it has become a slur of the left, the PC, globalists, multiculturalists and remainers to include anyone opposed to mass immigration or showing patriotism or belief in ones own people and nation. Often used without foundation or justification but to those believing the new dogma just shouting it is enough.

46 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Because it has become a slur of the left, the PC, globalists, multiculturalists and remainers to include anyone opposed to mass immigration or showing patriotism or belief in ones own people and nation. Often used without foundation or justification but to those believing the new dogma just shouting it is enough.

But only if you are English or American, other "nationalities" are allowed this (eg on these island the Scots, Welsh, or Irish are not classed as racist for being "nationalistic" by the left wing snowflakes) 

This blogger is the "expert Brexiteer" people roll out, who also denies climate change and uses racist terms all over his blog.

Arhh the race word :rolleyes:.

Dunno which blog you are on about, I've just read a good bit of both, & apart from the mention of Art 112, (if you could class it as a racist term) I cannot see any thing that comes near to racist remarks....no doubt you'll see different.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

As other Brexiteers have explained, there were always going to be more racists attaching themselves to the Leave campaign. 

It seems North has cleaned up his site. I've Google and here's an article that looks like it covers most of it:

How offensive does Richard North have to be to alienate his loyal readers?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2010/dec/17/richard-north-blog

Aside from your opinion ( including the rather juvenile "always") and one link - any chance of backing up your assertion about soft Brexiteers.

You made a rather silly claim and have been unable or unwilling to support this with anything, but your repeated evasions. It is rather sad.

Put up or shut up.

1 hour ago, Granett said:

As other Brexiteers have explained, there were always going to be more racists attaching themselves to the Leave campaign. 

Got to say, unfortunately I agree with you on this point, that said, it in no way suggest that all Brexiters are closet racists and I would imagine that fortunately a very tiny percentage are in any way racist, after all if my figures are correct over 17 million people voted for Brexit.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:35, bostonmick said:

There is a petition on the www.gov site to leave the eu immediately. It has just over 106k signatures. Surely with the millions who voted leave there could be enough to sign to make them think before screwing us over

It's one thing turning up at the local school and putting a X on a slip of paper, logging on to a website or possibly having to signing a name in joined up writing might be bit of a big ask for some Brexiters !!!!

27 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

It's one thing turning up at the local school and putting a X on a slip of paper, logging on to a website or possibly having to signing a name in joined up writing might be bit of a big ask for some Brexiters !!!!

Probably, but that could equally be said for some remainers to so what's your point?

Edited by 12gauge82

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Aside from your opinion ( including the rather juvenile "always") and one link - any chance of backing up your assertion about soft Brexiteers.

You made a rather silly claim and have been unable or unwilling to support this with anything, but your repeated evasions. It is rather sad.

Put up or shut up.

What a very juvenile response. I for one am glad that you aren't someone who has any kind of influence in the world. How would you feel if someone who had differing views to yourself with equally strong tunnel vision got into power? You strike me as someone who would quickly lose the plot if things weren't going your way. Not exactly an attribute that the public would like to see in an FAC/SGC holder. I suggest you refrain from passing such self righteous comments in future, unless of course you wish to continue displaying your arrogance for all to see.

27 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Always best to have your grammar and spelling spot on before you accuse the other side in an argument of being thick.:lol:

This is getting personal now, with insults being thrown at each other. 

Both sides of this debate are as bad as each other. I think PW should be better than this.

My opinion is mine only I don't argue if someone doesn't agree with me, and I consider myself thick on most things.

6 minutes ago, tonker said:

This is getting personal now, with insults being thrown at each other. 

Both sides of this debate are as bad as each other. I think PW should be better than this.

My opinion is mine only I don't argue if someone doesn't agree with me, and I consider myself thick on most things.

+ 1