i went and did it

yickdaz

so is that a :good: for these new decoys

yeah I would say so

Were they any better than his old decoys? He never said if that's a normal bag for him or not

in terms of looks and condition they are a lot better and they pull birds in that's all that matters really, and no that isn;t a normal bag but do get over 100 bags every year

As he didn't say, I'm not sure of to which type Post #21 refers.

If, as is self evident, YD is happy that these (Enforcer) do work, then, surely, that is all that matters regarding performance. In view of the cost, the only other factor you could consider is longevity. Should he still be using the same ones in some 10 or more years time, then the initial outlay was well worth paying.

well they are made of plastic so they will last a very long time the paint may fade over time which they will on any decoy but can be touched up on the cheap

It's time for me to Come Out on the open forum!!!! I have approx fifty artificial decoys all neatly packed away in the garage never used in years. I used to set out thirty plastics with two birds as flyers as my standard set up and found that when I shot birds and put them out and brought the decoys in the decoying effect was improved. So approx ten years ago I started taking twelve natural decoys out and the decoying effect was instant.

Daz, you will decoy with enforcer decoys, only you can judge how effective they are over your aged decoys. Good luck.

Im about the same i have about ten half shell decoys that have been chewed by the dog etc and they ony come out if i have no dead birds and as i shoot some i remove the plastics, Motty and i often disagree about artifical decoys he likes them, im with PC i like them taken in as soon as possible.

Edited by muncher

Im about the same i have about ten half shell decoys that have been chewed by the dog etc and they ony come out if i have no dead birds and as i shoot some i remove the plastics, Motty and i often disagree about artifical decoys he likes them, im with PC i like them taken in as soon as possible.

The only ones I would leave out are a dozen Flexicoys I have had since the year dot , each Spring they get a wash and brush up with a touch of white undercoat here and there and apart from the many lead holes in them they look as good as new.

I only use shell decoys for lightness if I had to walk a fair distance , and the only real ones I take are two to put on the magnet , if I take it that is .

The only ones I would leave out are a dozen Flexicoys I have had since the year dot , each Spring they get a wash and brush up with a touch of white undercoat here and there and apart from the many lead holes in them they look as good as new.

I only use shell decoys for lightness if I had to walk a fair distance , and the only real ones I take are two to put on the magnet , if I take it that is .

Have they got the embossed maker's 'plaque' on the underside? Father once disturbed a poacher who legged it leaving behind a motley bunch of decoys which did include one Flexicoy. He binned the rest but put this one on top of a hedge in the garden where it sat day in day out winter and summer for some 25 years until I finally sold the house. It was still pulling the odd bird in for a shufti then.

I still use the same fifteen flock coated shells that I have had now for getting on for twenty years. Last Friday I left them in the car and all I started with were two birds on the rotary. Not many birds decoyed at first until I had shot a few to add to the pattern.

This is a decoy which I found out in the fields. If I had another few of these they would be all I ever used as they are very realistic.

DSC07773.jpg

I still use the same fifteen flock coated shells that I have had now for getting on for twenty years. Last Friday I left them in the car and all I started with were two birds on the rotary. Not many birds decoyed at first until I had shot a few to add to the pattern.

This is a decoy which I found out in the fields. If I had another few of these they would be all I ever used as they are very realistic.

DSC07773.jpg

Well I'm damned!

Now you know what Marshman and I'm on about. :good:

Edit: Simply for info': http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103570-flexicoy-pigeon-decoy/

Edited by wymberley

i have never had a problem leaving artificial decoys out after adding dead birds to the pattern never seen the sense in taking them in and replacing with dead birds, we have all had plenty days when you shoot 10 or 20 birds and they just stop flighting and dry up on nothing to do with what decoys you are using if there not coming in there not coming in

Well I'm damned!

These are mine , and as you can see they have all been hit at some time but I don't think a pigeons eye sight is that good to see the holes or the lead shot sticking to the body :yes:

SAM_6123.jpg

SAM_6116.jpg

Marshman, I will give you £10 each for those decoys.

that decoy you have found are exactly like the decoys i bought 20 years ago from Uttings in Norwich (when they were behind the YMCA).....they are heavy and made of rubber...i paid £5.55 each for them (expensive even then)...they were pigeon size and the colours were right...but as they were so heavy i left them hidden in the field.................and you guessed it ...they were nicked.................my mate across the road bought some very similar about 4 years ago off the internet....i might try and buy them off him......

just looked at the uttings website.......they are plastic....not the same...

Edited by ditchman

Very good offer Mr JDog , they are like old friends now and although very tempting I wouldn't sell my friends for a tenner ........ or would I :yes:

Sorry about the top photo , it should have been this one , far better at shooting a few pigeons than trying to work out how to put a photo on here .SAM_6113.jpg

Well I'm damned!

just had a look at that link, 10 flexicoys are more or less the same price as 10 enforcers on there so they don't seem so expensive now after seeing that

Very good offer Mr JDog , they are like old friends now and although very tempting I wouldn't sell my friends for a tenner ........ or would I :yes:

Sorry about the top photo , it should have been this one , far better at shooting a few pigeons than trying to work out how to put a photo on here .SAM_6113.jpg

they look very good to be honest

go for it £130 you could buy 10 enforcers and still have £60 left over

just had a look at that link, 10 flexicoys are more or less the same price as 10 enforcers on there so they don't seem so expensive now after seeing that

they look very good to be honest

One advantage is , I don't have to show them to much respect because the rubber is strong and supple.

I tip them out of the sack 20 / 25yds from my hide then chuck them about at different angles and set them up on a cradle or leave them on the deck wherever they land , then when I have finished they get chucked back and end up in the sack , as you can see they have withstood my abuse pretty well.

that decoy you have found are exactly like the decoys i bought 20 years ago from Uttings in Norwich (when they were behind the YMCA).....they are heavy and made of rubber...i paid £5.55 each for them (expensive even then)...they were pigeon size and the colours were right...but as they were so heavy i left them hidden in the field.................and you guessed it ...they were nicked.................my mate across the road bought some very similar about 4 years ago off the internet....i might try and buy them off him......

just looked at the uttings website.......they are plastic....not the same...

Thanks for the tip as I was about to recommend them to my step-son. However, are you sure as the web-site says latex?

One advantage is , I don't have to show them to much respect because the rubber is strong and supple.

I tip them out of the sack 20 / 25yds from my hide then chuck them about at different angles and set them up on a cradle or leave them on the deck wherever they land , then when I have finished they get chucked back and end up in the sack , as you can see they have withstood my abuse pretty well.

Guilty as charged.

This is 'em.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103570-flexicoy-pigeon-decoy/#.WctZAmhSyUk

This is them. ££6.99 each new.

They are the same ditchy, good ol' rubber which should appeal to you according to viking.

A very good decoy, tough as old boots. I have a few.

Edited by Penelope

• 2 weeks later...