A great day with Motty..!

Catamong

I won a raffle prize at the Pigeonwatch shoot last year, it was a day on the pigeons with PW Member Motty way up in the top end of the Fens not too far from Kings Lynn, anyway, I'd been looklng forward to this one for a long time, so I was there shortly after 8.00am, in fairness the weather was not too good, little wind with almost full sun, right in our eyes, but we plodded away, taking out the odd bird that came into the barley stubble.

Things really started to liven up between around noon and 2pm, they flooded in from all angles, we both had some great longish birds..!

Motty's black lab worked really hard to pick up so many birds, he was a real diamond..!

The final tally was 142 pigeons, plus 5 corvids that were silly enough to come into the deeks, not too bad..!

It was great to be able to shoot alongside a Guy that clearly knew what Pigeon shooting was all about, a truly accomplished pigeon shooter, so stready and precise, hope to see you down my way soon..? :good:

Cat

Very kind words, Rob. It was nice to catch up again.

To be fair, I shot like Stevie Wonder to start with. Not good when the bloke sat beside was missing very few. I found a bit of form late in the day, thank god!

It was a funny day, really. For some reason it didn't feel like we had shot as many as that. I still thoroughly enjoyed the day.

I will look forward to a shoot down in Hertfordshire - I have never shot pigeons there.

I won a raffle prize at the Pigeonwatch shoot last year, it was a day on the pigeons with PW Member Motty way up in the top end of the Fens not too far from Kings Lynn, anyway, I'd been looklng forward to this one for a long time, so I was there shortly after 8.00am, in fairness the weather was not too good, little wind with almost full sun, right in our eyes, but we plodded away, taking out the odd bird that came into the barley stubble.

Things really started to liven up between around noon and 2pm, they flooded in from all angles, we both had some great longish birds..!

Motty's black lab worked really hard to pick up so many birds, he was a real diamond..!

The final tally was 142 pigeons, plus 5 corvids that were silly enough to come into the deeks, not too bad..!

It was great to be able to shoot alongside a Guy that clearly knew what Pigeon shooting was all about, a truly accomplished pigeon shooter, so stready and precise, hope to see you down my way soon..? :good:

Cat

Lucky you!! Is fen shooting as different to Hertfordshire as I imagine. I've not seen 142 on my patches in years, let alone shot them!!