Steel carts for driven shoot

roostshooter1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no motty the silver steel were ****

3 other guns using it and we all had the same issues with cases rupturing after firing and primer pockets being burn out

if you are just after a reaction then you can jog on motty

I didn't take it as he was taking the ****, now that you've added the detail around cases rupturing and primer pockets burning out the description is a lot cleared.

So do the carts have to be fibre/non plastic wads?

I didn't take it as he was taking the ****, now that you've added the detail around cases rupturing and primer pockets burning out the description is a lot cleared.

So do the carts have to be fibre/non plastic wads?

Hell! I've never seen or heard of primer pockets burning out!? Would you post up some pictures please?

Back to the topic .. if you're shooting at 50 yard mallard you really need something upto the task.

Given that fibre rules out most of the effective commercial steel loads, I'd be looking at Bismuth.

Either that or use an effective steel load with plastic wad and pay someone to pick up the wads with the money you save from the Bismuth.

I was not meaning to take the **** or offend. Normally when someone says a cartridge is ****, I take that to mean that they didn't kill their quarry as intended. I personally blame myself before any cartridge.

Now, it has emerged that the cartridges turned out to be defective, this is another matter entirely.

Hello

After some info from you guys

I am shooting another driven duck day in 3 weeks and just wondered what steel carts would be good

Last week i used gamebore silver steel and they were ****

Many thanks

Ben

I do my fare share of duck shooting, my preference is eley lightning 36g no3 they will knock anything down gamebore mammoth in the same load both first class loads, best of luck to you and enjoy your shooting. Edited by E.w.