Handguns

Benthejockey

I didn't know CZ's were still popular. Good to see.

They were the up and coming auto for practical when I owned handguns.

Even though I owned a customised 1911 ( it was already customised when I bought it ) I much preferred to compete with a revolver.

Nice to see it's all still ongoing in other parts of the UK.

The CZ 75 Shadow is the most popular handgun you will see here. The new Shadow 2 seems to be taking over, but getting expensive £1200 the same price as a Sig Sauer P226. As for revolvers the Smith and Wesson 686 .357 would be popular, i see a customised one for sale for someone that has plenty of money. PS Have you heard of the company. ? I checked their web sight they have a interesting LBR, i am sure it would be very expensive.

post-45225-0-45239000-1506792168_thumb.jpg

post-45225-0-29907200-1506792263_thumb.jpg

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Wilson' was one of the major 'customisers' of competition grade ( of which there were numerous grades ) revolvers back in the 1980's; had no idea it had survived the ban. Nice to know.

My 1911 was customised by Ferrand Custom Arms and my 586 by Shooting Developments, which did marvellous work with revolvers.

I have no idea if either company survived.

I don't understand why certain parts of GB are still allowed handguns.. Surely knee jerk reaction laws apply to all parts?

I get where you are coming from, but you can actually still buy handguns in every part of GB, admittedly you have to jump through a lot of hoops in much of the GB whereas if you live in the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Northern Ireland it is considerably easier!

I don't understand why certain parts of GB are still allowed handguns.. Surely knee jerk reaction laws apply to all parts?

Because a Labour minister decided not to ban them in N/I.

Handguns may not be banned in Northern Ireland after all, as part of Govern- ment plans to woo the Ulster Unionists.

Tony Blair is considering the exemption from the post-Dunblane ban as one of a number of "confidence-building measures" proposed by Mo Mowlam, the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, in order to tempt David Trimble's Ulster Unionists into talks along with Sinn Fein on 9 September.

Sadly owing to a lack of talent, I never got much into pistol shooting,I managed OK with a practically recoil less .22 match pistol((why were they included in the ban ???)but could not shoot well with the larger bores.My friends still compete in pistol(air) competitions but its a shame they cannot pursue their sport further.

Ironically you need to be in a gun club here to own a air pistol, same requirements for a .44 magnum etc.

That is news to me! . Makes as much sense as a chocolate teapot : same(but different)faulted logic/laws as mainland uk I presume.As an aside why has handgun crime rate risen in the uk(mainland)since the ban?

That is news to me! . Makes as much sense as a chocolate teapot : same(but different)faulted logic/laws as mainland uk I presume.As an aside why has handgun crime rate risen in the uk(mainland)since the ban?

And i forgot a FAC for air rifles.

Edited by ordnance

Action Air is a fun, cheap alternative to get into pistol shooting. Using CO2 gas and either 6mm or 4.5mm bb's you can experience revolver shooting with speedloading and blowback semi auto's with courses of fire encompassing mag changes, holster work, barricades etc. For about £150 a decent Dan Wesson or Colt Python revolver, holster, speedloaders, CO2 and bb's. A touch more for a 1911 blowback, spare Mag holster, mag pouches etc. Courses of fire administered and controlled as for live firearms and the experience is as near as you could want it..............and no licence, storage restrictions and cheap as chips. There is in my opinion, no reason why we could not re-invent the old PP1, PP2 type competitions as well as the more practical side using these full weight, fully functioning hand guns (and no ear defenders needed!)

I used to shoot the real thing and mourn the loss of my handguns but this is a near as it gets, try it out!

Action Air is a fun, cheap alternative to get into pistol shooting. Using CO2 gas and either 6mm or 4.5mm bb's you can experience revolver shooting with speedloading and blowback semi auto's with courses of fire encompassing mag changes, holster work, barricades etc. For about £150 a decent Dan Wesson or Colt Python revolver, holster, speedloaders, CO2 and bb's. A touch more for a 1911 blowback, spare Mag holster, mag pouches etc. Courses of fire administered and controlled as for live firearms and the experience is as near as you could want it..............and no licence, storage restrictions and cheap as chips. There is in my opinion, no reason why we could not re-invent the old PP1, PP2 type competitions as well as the more practical side using these full weight, fully functioning hand guns (and no ear defenders needed!)

I used to shoot the real thing and mourn the loss of my handguns but this is a near as it gets, try it out!

What energy are they producing. ?

In Northern Ireland airguns and CO2 guns having a discharge kinetic energy in excess of one (1) Joule (0.737 ft lbs) require to be held on a firearm certificate. For airguns below that limit the following restrictions are in place.
  • Under Paragraph 9 of Schedule 1 of the Firearms (NI) Order 2004, persons under the age of 18 cannot possess such firearms, unless they have attained the age of 14 years or are under the direct supervision of a person of 21 years or over.
  • Persons not holding a firearms certificate cannot purchase such firearms, unless they have attained the age of 17 years.
  • Ammunition for an airgun can be purchased and possessed without holding a firearm certificate.

Edited by ordnance

yes im thinking of buying a compact (but steel) and leaving it there to use as im going on a regular basis .

Plenty for sale here to give you a idea of the prices, they might be cheaper in the Czech Republic.

Buy and Sell Guns & Accessories Online- gundeal.co.uk

www.gundeal.co.uk/

Edited by ordnance

some pics if anyone interested

post-75958-0-61702400-1506971034_thumb.jpg

post-75958-0-36394100-1506971064_thumb.jpg

Plenty for sale here to give you a idea of the prices, they might be cheaper in the Czech Republic.

Buy and Sell Guns & Accessories Online- gundeal.co.uk

www.gundeal.co.uk/

OUCH cheaper in Czech mind you its there home country

some pics if anyone interested

attachicon.gifhg (3).JPG

attachicon.gifhg (4).JPG

any recomendations for suppliers please ?