Redding reloading shotgun press

Hi, I have 3 of these machines, acquired many years ago...is yours a Redding 16, or a Redding 32 ? The 32 has a small turret top that revolves the tooling around? PW member ilksopener also has a couple of these... Bushings are now almost impossible to find, both here and in America (some of my USA pals didn,t even know Redding had made shotshell reloaders!) I believe Norman Clark (Gunsmith) at Rugby has one of these, and he told my friend he could make bushings, as one-offs, but they would be costly, unless he could make and sell a few.... They are great little machines, that do not deserve being chucked on the scrap heap.... I shall be selling all 3 of mine, with spares, in the very near future....

Where are you?

Hi, I have 3 of these machines, acquired many years ago...is yours a Redding 16, or a Redding 32 ? The 32 has a small turret top that revolves the tooling around? PW member ilksopener also has a couple of these... Bushings are now almost impossible to find, both here and in America (some of my USA pals didn,t even know Redding had made shotshell reloaders!) I believe Norman Clark (Gunsmith) at Rugby has one of these, and he told my friend he could make bushings, as one-offs, but they would be costly, unless he could make and sell a few.... They are great little machines, that do not deserve being chucked on the scrap heap.... I shall be selling all 3 of mine, with spares, in the very near future....

Where are you?

No mate the tooling doesn't move around it is a green colour aswell i love it get a awsome crimp on it but due to the bushings or lack of them should i say i am using a loadall to drop powder and shot and finishing on the redding.

Im near Southport mate aswell

No mate the tooling doesn't move around it is a green colour aswell i love it get a awsome crimp on it but due to the bushings or lack of them should i say i am using a loadall to drop powder and shot and finishing on the redding.

If you have no joy, send me one of you most open bushing and il see if i can convert it to take mec bushings, ive done this for my ponsness warren and it works fine,

Failing that, i can make you new bushings from scratch.

Paul

Model 16. The wad guide is a short ,hand held one .You place it on top of the case each loading.

If you have no joy, send me one of you most open bushing and il see if i can convert it to take mec bushings, ive done this for my ponsness warren and it works fine,

Failing that, i can make you new bushings from scratch.

Paul

Paul, the charge bar is round, so the bushing cannot be converted to take P/W or MEC. I,ll try and post a picture of one on here....

Matone is correct, the model is a Redding 16, which were fairly common here in the late 60,s early 70,s..............the more advanced model I spoke of is a Redding 32. Just to confuse things, Redding also made a machine designated Model 16, which was a brownish rust colour, and had a square charge bar that took Texan, MEC and other bushings. I had one, but sold it about 18 months ago.............if you want bushings, you will have to have them made from scratch.....that means a lathe, and vertical drill ! I have trawled the internet worldwide for 3 years looking for them, and they are like the proverbial rocking horse doodoo....