Beating - Drayton Parslow area

Dan73

Asking on behalf of my 14 year old Son - several years of Beating experience, happy to muck in with the hard work and banter.

We have just moved to Drayton Parslow - Bucks - which means he is not able to continue at the shoot he was at last year.

He's going to do the rounds over the next couple of weeks and attend the local Clay Shoot to find out if there are any opportunities but I thought I would try on here first in case there are any locals who may be able to help out or point him the right direction.

Thanks all

Hello Jim - great to hear from you.

I'm not on FB but I'll get him to take a look - Billington may be too far for him to cycle to and from.

Ideally he's after Drayton Parslow/Mursley/Stewkley/Soulbury/Stoke Hammond (so I don't have to give him a lift!)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

There is definitely one or two around here Chris. I've found a Bridleway and Footpath walk for the Dogs which has a short section going straight through a cover crop and diagonally across a farmers field, and I can see a few other cover crops looking over towards Mursley.

I'll ask the fellas who run the local clayshoot in a couple of weeks time - and one of my neighbours has lived here 50+ years, he must know a name of someone I can have a chat with.

Cheers.

Redhall Farm used to have a shoot I seem to recall - along the road to Swanbourne and first farm on the left after the bends I think. The one in Swanbourne would be bigger as I'm sure they have a full time keeper but never met him. If you get stuck for dog walks in Winslow btw, chuck them in the car and pop into Adstock on the way to Buckingham - go straight thru and keep looking for a picnic sign - there's a car park there with 68 Acres of fenced woodland opposite the car park with mowed footpaths - brilliant for dogs, once you get bored of that one there's another 100 acres of the same but with no car park (cars park on the side of the road no probs) about 1/4 mile before the picnic sign.

Redhall Farm used to have a shoot I seem to recall - along the road to Swanbourne and first farm on the left after the bends I think. The one in Swanbourne would be bigger as I'm sure they have a full time keeper but never met him. If you get stuck for dog walks in Winslow btw, chuck them in the car and pop into Adstock on the way to Buckingham - go straight thru and keep looking for a picnic sign - there's a car park there with 68 Acres of fenced woodland opposite the car park with mowed footpaths - brilliant for dogs, once you get bored of that one there's another 100 acres of the same but with no car park (cars park on the side of the road no probs) about 1/4 mile before the picnic sign.

Good call - thanks for this.

There's also the Gun shop in Swanbourne on the Estate, I forgot about that place.

I also managed to find out about the estate who owns large pieces of the land round here and can give them a call

Thanks!

I'll pop in to Gun and Country later in the week, hopefully they may also know of some opportunities for my lad. Thanks Chris.

Thanks Studley, I checked on a map and its probably a little too far for him on his push bike (I would take him, but I'm booked on a couple of shoots this season, so he may end up being my pack mule rather than in the Beating line.)

The Thorton Shoot - Syndicate or do they sell the odd day here and there?