Upland grouse shooting in Montana.

JDog

It's a long way away I know but I am planning a trip to Montana in September 2018 to shoot sharptail and mountain grouse.

I love the big sky country of Montana with the large grassy fields and mountains. It's the sort of country that really appeals to me. I also want to take the opportunity of shooting some grouse whilst I am there and I have made contact with a number of 'outfitters' about providing me with some sport.

These are early days but I have done some research and it seems likely that non residents can easily obtain licences to shoot a limited number of each species. As yet I have no idea of the likely cost.

If anyone is remotely interested in coming along please let me know.

It's a long way away I know but I am planning a trip to Montana in September 2018 to shoot sharptail and mountain grouse.

I love the big sky country of Montana with the large grassy fields and mountains. It's the sort of country that really appeals to me. I also want to take the opportunity of shooting some grouse whilst I am there and I have made contact with a number of 'outfitters' about providing me with some sport.

These are early days but I have done some research and it seems likely that non residents can easily obtain licences to shoot a limited number of each species. As yet I have no idea of the likely cost.

If anyone is remotely interested in coming along please let me know.

A good read on US Upland shooting is A Hunter's Road by Jim Fergus

At 1 point on his trip a shooter says that he'd rather let him into his wife's bedroom than tell him where his coverts are

Edited by kevin55