Flick of ther switch(Hey Ditchman)

muncher

Motty phoned me on Tuesday and asked if i fancied a day on some bean stubble,as i had a work commitment on the Wednesday morning, i said i cant get there before ten.When i arrived at the field of bean stibble Motty had already set up with loads of diffent types of plastic decoys and two dead birds on a rotary out to the left of the hide about 30 yards out, due to the wind into our face from the direction of the rotary . I did ask why he set up when there was a dyke on the opposite of the field ,his answer was he didn't care as he likes a challenge!!!. As we sat in the hide and only had a odd customer now and then to deal with ,we started to wonder if we should move as it just was not happening .About 12 o'clock we had a 11 down all long shots at birds passing more than decoying, then slowly it began to pick up to a point that my barrel was blinking hot ,there wasn't any easy shots as most came from behind our bush unseen and would veer of in the now quite strong wind. The action died off about 4 so we packed up with 128 on the clicker on what was a great days sport with some very tricky conditions.

Edited by muncher

Another good day after a quiet start , well done to you both , Beans have been poor as far as shooting goes , far to much going on at the same time the beans were cut down this way .

Yesterday afternoon I found the estate had cut two fields of Maize for silage , after watching the amount of pigeons going on there the temptation was to much and I had to have a little go , which was my first mistake , ( a ) it was really a bit to late to start ( 2.30 ) and ( b ) was , what little wind there was had died right down to nothing and after a few shots I had cleared all the surrounding woods out , so having shot 10 and being surrounded by flies I called it a day while there were still a few about and hopefully the weather is more suitable over the next few days .

Why is it whenever Motty book a day off from work the weather is always dry ?, when we have a day out up the coast , I will try and pick the same day Motty book a day off, as its sure to be a nice day . :lol: