Year ago today.

aga man

Hard to believe it is a year gone by, but this time last year JDog and I stood on the edge of a small wood in North Lincolnshire, and shot pigeons of the highest quality.

I have shot pigeons for thirty years and JDog I dare say quite a few more years.

This day however was quite special. We planned to decoy pigeons on a bean stubble, but instead the pigeons overflew the stubbles for something of more interest.

We was lucky to be under the line of out going pigeons. Boy what an afternoon's shooting it was. Flighting pigeons of all heights and ranges. We left the field with 104 pigeons that provided the very best of shooting, yet to be equalled for me personally.

What an afternoon it was.

Truly exceptional.

post-57269-0-05800800-1506719614_thumb.jpg

i've been out doing the rounds over the last two weeks and just haven't seen the number of birds I'd expect.

Lots of cereal stubbles and now, some bean stubbles but today most I saw was about 30 down.

I checked a field of osr and it resembled sugar beet as it stood about 14" high.

two years ago I was shooting bags of 70-100 over stubble til 7pm-whats gone wrong?

f.

I hadn't forgotten.

That day would be in my top two days pigeon shooting ever. Considering that I have had over a thousand days pigeon shooting that is saying something.

If ever there was a man to appreciate what we had it was Agaman.

Edited by JDog

i've been out doing the rounds over the last two weeks and just haven't seen the number of birds I'd expect.

Lots of cereal stubbles and now, some bean stubbles but today most I saw was about 30 down.

I checked a field of osr and it resembled sugar beet as it stood about 14" high.

two years ago I was shooting bags of 70-100 over stubble til 7pm-whats gone wrong?

f.

Wish I could answer our questions Fuddster. As you well know things change in this sport from year to year, I have some old barley stubbles here that are littered with barley heads yet not a pigeon on them.

I take the little one to Hull's East park on a Sunday morning and pigeons are everywhere in the park, feeding on clover and beechmast.

Perhaps things will change as more ploughing is done and the weather cools off.

Plenty of pigeons, I am certain of that.

lovely story.......................for the last couple of years here they have been no imigrant bird flightlines...so im hoping this year in the next 3 weeks they might start...

as both of you say when you get a flightline like that on a perfect weather day...the results can put a permanant smile on your face

excellent .. :good: