Fessing up !

ditchman

yes...yes...and yes... :good:

i have a mate how has a food phobia....will not eat fruit with meat or fish.....no apple sause with pork....no craberry with turkey....no redcurrant jelly with lamb...........now thats a shame..

I'm the same though, I'd rather eat wasps than cooked fruit, it makes shudder to think eating a apple crumble or equivalent

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pigs chittlings, tripe, brawn, food of the Gods.

I go along with that Mr JDog and ditchys fried chitterlings don't sound to bad either .

When I went to school we had a good ole fashion butchers just off the market place , once a week, or whenever I could afford it I would pop in and buy a savoury duck which was 3d , about half my pocket money then , my mum would also pop in and buy a slice of haslet , a tub of pork cheese and half a pound of reed , which was similar to chitterlings , tell yer boi , we didn't have a lot of money but we certainly lived well . :lol:

I'm the same though, I'd rather eat wasps than cooked fruit, it makes shudder to think eating a apple crumble or equivalent

Kyska you need help fella, not eating crumble should be a capital offence, its as British as complaining about the weather .

Cherry pie

Apple crumble

plum pudding

You poor fella 😉

My grandmother used to cook a meal of sausages boiled in full fat milk served with lumpy mash and thick bread to mop up the strange curdled sauce ,man every now and then I have to cook that ,my wife leaves the house and say you are bonkers ,another favourite is marmalade and sausage sandwiches.

Yes, Fray Benton's steak and kidney, or the caramelized meat juices at the bottom of the roasting tin. Ooh and years ago my mum used to cook white tripe and onions in milk. Now it's all about muesli, cereal bars, dried apricots and soft figs. Health, so much work

now you are talking....F&B suet pudding...tinned baby carrots and tinned new potatoes....................proper man food.. :lol::lol:

now you are talking....F&B suet pudding...tinned baby carrots and tinned new potatoes....................proper man food.. :lol::lol:

lol

one pan food I call it,

Carrotts and tatas in pan, Frey bentos in oven (in its own tin/pan)

Use the water out of tinned veg to make gravy in same pan ( bisto granules lol)

Man meal done, with only one pan and one plate to wash

Flynny

lol

one pan food I call it,

Carrotts and tatas in pan, Frey bentos in oven (in its own tin/pan)

Use the water out of tinned veg to make gravy in same pan ( bisto granules lol)

Man meal done, with only one pan and one plate to wash

Flynny

Bloody spot on ... :good::good: ...the new F&B puds you can put in the microwave now....plastic pots....which is a shame really ...as i used to use the tins in the shed to hold stuff....

Some interesting food fads on here, puts mine to shame:

Pickled Onion Monster Munch

Tin of Baked beans and sausages (whatever happened to the "Chef" brand they were the best) on toast with grated cheese.

Chicken Drumsticks!

Corned Beef pasty from Castell Howell food producers, just the thing for a 2am snack whilst sea trout fishing, washed down with black coffee. laced with a drop of scotch.

Cheers

Aled

flynn ...he proper man....neandertal DNA....him no wishy washy...flynn go commando every day........... :good:

lol, lol

Cant deny the truth, my wife and kids call me " caveman" I think its down to Man thinking when travelling the country shooting and fishing and living out of your truck

KISS rules apply, keep it simple ,stupid lol

I almost forgot,

Pickled jalapano peppers, with everything, bleddy lovely in Sheperds pie, spagbol etc

Edited by flynny

With you on this^^^

Nice on burgers, chopped up, melted with cheese and slices of pickled beetroot

Oh yes, done that,

Must try the beetroot combo, ( I will do that this weekend whilst in Scotland, cooked on a gas bottle burner, just me n the dog and Mr Jim Beam, hopefully some venison too)

Flynny