Fessing up !

ditchman

bet your local butcher loves you ditchy.

i tell you what butchers today dont know what a proper sausage is...........we have one butcher i know of around here and that is Fleetwoods in Gorlestone that still does proper sausages...trouble is its a 20mile round trip for me....the sausages when you cut them open are nice and crummy...dont taste of strange spices...they also sell proper cured bacon that hasnt been injected with water....you put it in the pan as it is and it cooks in its own fat.....no white scummy water ...steam....just sizzling bacon...and you wipe the pan out with a piece of bread and eat it....see ....no waste....

I wonder if the "local" butcher sells Walls microwave-able sausages?

Spa shop in Lingwood £1.00 for 10....damn good value..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An INTERESTING review for your enjoyment!

http://www.barelyedible.co.uk/2012/02/walls-microwave-sausages-review/

i think that is a very unfair reveiw....almost malisious...................my best carp sausage was the walls sausage in a tin covered in a lovely white grease...proper army sausages...cant get them anymore....shame......

Toffifees and sugared almonds.

Sugared almonds 3kg bag from Macro. Aldi sell the Toffifees.

Also Sunquick Mandarin orange cordial, have to go to Paks in Stoke on Trent for that so buy 4 bottles at a time.

love smoked almonds...............bit too healthy for this post tho'

Bite the ends off a Twix,such up tea through it like a straw,then stuff it all in.Oh I'm off to the CO-OP,Sue "Sue put the kettle on"!!

what....................... ???? ???

edit:...........ive decifered it now........... :good: sounds good to me..............(sort of sexual overtones tho')

Edited by ditchman

i think that is a very unfair reveiw....almost malisious...................my best carp sausage was the walls sausage in a tin covered in a lovely white grease...proper army sausages...cant get them anymore....shame......

Me too miss them bad boys ,best non meat sausages ever how dare the healthy military get rid of God,s breakfast

Had a pot noodle yesterday,don't know why,just I had the urge.Probably from When I used to shoot,me and my mate (lamp man) would buy them if on offer.There was always a good half dozen in the back of the shooting bus.Lovely at 3am in the morning & I'm sure the Chicken & Mushroom brings Charlie in lol.

A man after my own heart /rehydrated carb snack lol

My trucks the same, but with a bottle of soy sauce (there's not enough in them there sachets)

Fill them up to the brim and not the recommended line and you can eat the noodles then drink the soy soup afterwards yum yum,

The barbecue pork flavoured ones are awesome, extra soy a must lol lol

It's a staple of any mans pantry

Flynny

Bite the ends off a Twix,such up tea through it like a straw,then stuff it all in.Oh I'm off to the CO-OP,Sue "Sue put the kettle on"!!

Goes good with hot chocolate as well.

Don't out those pretend sausages on a barbecue, did it a few years ago cos the in laws like them and they thawed out and put the barbi out ☹☹

judging but the comments and culinary skills of the forum "hardmen".....we have seen over the years many mouthwatering recieps and most of us /you..cook good healthy food..........me as well , as i like my greens, and good meat.............drool.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZW3FrtnCeB.gif

but........................i do have a weakness.............

"Walls microwaverble pork sausages".........drool.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZW3FrtnCeB.gifdrool.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZW3FrtnCeB.gif ......................im sorry ...yes....they are like crack cocaine for me....i have to limit myself ...ration myself...

they dont taste like any pork sausage ive ever had...and i know a gooden when i see and eat it...........but never the less i love them with a passion

im sure there are other weaknesses out there among you

care to "fess up" :lol:

I'm the same with Richmond sausages........... 0 meat content but love 'em :)