Trio of sport

muncher

Motty has had his eye on a large bean field ,that once harvested he hoped would produce a decent bag of woodies. After some scoutingto ***** the area the amount of birds was very impressive all spread over several fields, one of which I could shoot .The plan was I would shoot my small bean field Motty and Farmergedon would spilt up on the big field . I set up with my back to an orchard with the wind coning from my left and 7 dead birds two for the rotary. Straight from the off birds were very cagey some would decoy but no end would skirt the set up. I changed things around many times but it was hard going all day, not helpd in the least by a toy plane group that kept buzzing the field ,I struggled just past the ton with 101, Biggles mob spoilt my afternoon but hey ho. The other herberts kept popping away all day and when I spoke to my brother he said I've just shot the last of my cartridges (300) . I packed up and went to help him pick up and we picked 187 from his area,Motty then came over and he had shot 107 from his hide.Fantastic day all round and to make things more amazing there were at least 3 other shooters around that area Lord only knows how many pigeons have been shot around there today.

That was very impressive for three people all getting a three figure bag , well done to all three and not forgetting the work load the dogs must have put in .

We were Partridge shooting today in a decent area for pigeons near Norwich , one big field which must have been over 100 acres was a recently cut bean field , this had been cultivated and drilled with Winter barley , there were beans everywhere and the new seed was laying on the surface , what looked like a five star restaurant for pigeons was completely deserted . as I said in a previous thread , we have got a nice lot of pigeons but for some reason they are not touching beans , and yet 50 odd miles away in the same country you are shooting fantastic bags over beans , :no:

Was a good day. I shot like an idiot again. The birds didn't really decoy, but I used around 250 cartridges for my bag! I got a bonus magpie. If i were picking a title for this thread, it would be 'three pronged attack'.

Hey motty, add 16 to you lads total, Stu said he shouldnt have chosen to work today, he missed a good day. You boys did well. :good:

• 2 weeks later...