applying for another slot help/advice

flyeruk

I have only had my firearms licence since feb this year. The only slot i have on it is the HMR. The permission that i have has already been cleared for full bore so no problem there. What i would like to get is a .222/223 as there are foxes that i have come across but have not taken a shot as so much is said about the HMR being marginal for taking foxes. The thought of having a runner worries me too much.

If i applied for a .222/.223,do you think i would be required to have a mentor,having only had the cert for 8 months?

Also,if i was granted the slot,would the .222/.223 be granted for fox as well as rabbits.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Edited by flyeruk

You can apply for the 222/223 and say you want alq or for fox and alq. When i went for my 243/22250 I was told I had to do an awareness course and my force dont see mentoring as a thing anymore. To easy to fudge it. (but was told to make a shooting log for getting it opened) Not that I could add any date I wanted onto that, honest.

Easiest answer is that every force has a different interpritation on the HO guidlines so will have there own take on this. So asking your feo will give you the right answer in this case.