Early mornings

Hendrix's rifle

I've always been curious why I want to stay in bed as long as I can when I've got to get up for work yet if it's something I want to do I jump up at the first alarm? Last night said to the Mrs do you want to get up early, get breakfast and take the camera to see if we can find any reds roaring. Sure enough, 5:20am I was up. I won't be like that tomorrow!! Anyone else the same?

Use to be last minute when I was young and unattached. After 1st child and 6.00 feed everything changed. So now it is usually 5.30 and so not a problem if I want to do 4.00 start for the woods in the summer. As usual the old sayings apply. Don't burn the candle a both ends and Early to bed, early to rise make a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

I've always been curious why I want to stay in bed as long as I can when I've got to get up for work yet if it's something I want to do I jump up at the first alarm? Last night said to the Mrs do you want to get up early, get breakfast and take the camera to see if we can find any reds roaring. Sure enough, 5:20am I was up. I won't be like that tomorrow!! Anyone else the same?

I can't remember the last time that I stayed in bed until 5.20 am, my work alarm goes off at 4.30 am but I've normally already been up for 30 minutes or so by the time it goes off , my weekend alarm is 3.30 am as I have to travel for my shooting.

I would say that's perfectly normal, big difference getting up because you want to and have to.

Did you see anything good is the question?

Saw a nice cull stag who was holding 4 hinds, good sized beast with a **** head. Not sure why though. Got a picture of him albeit slightly blurry. Was around 30 yards away from this group. Heard a couple in the valleys and saw a cracker that I couldn't snap in time, 14 points or so, very lean animal covered in mud. He was around 60 yards or so. Few birds of prey that shortly after light got mobbed by crows, in short, I'm happy I got up. Not quite as happy asking her up though as she was in a foul mood til I got her breakfast :lol: :lol:

Yes mate, we are all the same on shooting/stalking and fishing days,

I'm in bed at 10pm every night and up at 5.30am everyday,

On mooch days I'll be up well before that no problem,

Plenty of time to sleep/ rest.......................

When your dead lol

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Alarm in the week goes off at 6.40 but I'm always awake earlier. If I've planned a shoot, then I sleep really badly, the anticipation, then nearly always I'm up and off before I planned to be, then suffer for days afterwards, but still wake early. Not good at sleeping in, though the missus is!

Very early mornings are without doubt the best time of day to be about, especially when it's light and there's no one else about.

When I'm doing artwork I resent staying in bed and am itching to 'get on' with not a little amount of enthusiasm. Subbing to a mundane job it's often a struggle to get out of bed.

I wake at 6am have a brew in bed, dog jumps on and we all have another nap till about 7-30. I usually comment to the Mrs that I could happily have another brew ad lie in bed until 9. Weekends when I could do that I am usually happy to get up at 6 or 7

I love early mornings in summer not so keen in winter unless I am shooting or beating 👍