Vegas shooting

figgy

Just been reported than a gunman has shot 20 people dead and injured another 100 in Las Vegas. Thoughts with there families.

Concert goers were shot at from a window at the Mandalay Bay hotel, sounded like automatic fire from the video I just watched a lad at work has on his phone.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen a bit of footage. As you say It sounded like a full auto just let lose not aimed at anyone but everyone. Police have shot and killed the gunman and they are looking for a female accomplice.

My thoughts go out to everyone there and their families.

Edited by rimfire4969

Seen a bit of footage. As you say It sounded like a full auto just let lose not aimed at anyone but everyone. Police have shot and killed the gunman and they are looking for a female accomplice.

My thoughts go out to everyone there and their families.

the continuos stream of bullets suggests it wasnt magazine fed it was box fed...............and i bet you can buy them at the local store................words fail me...

I understand the American constitution and the right to bear arms but why do they need military grade weapons, which seems to-be the case in this shooting, think its time for them to have a long hard think on what weapons they allow joe public to own and in this case by an obvious nutcase.

Feel sorry for all the victims and families caught up in this.

Unbelievable, No.....not for America.

Edited by old'un

Whenever I have said anything about the Americans being allowed to have ARs and AK47s I have always been told by people on here that they can have them but only the semi automatic version well listening to the videos on this shooting the guy had a fully automatic gun :hmm::hmm:

I get the idea of letting people have hand guns hunting rifles and shot guns but why would anyone want an AR if they are restricted to semi automatic mode would not a good hunting rifle be a much better option good for hunting but you could also shoot the bad guys even even with a good old winchester.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Whenever I have said anything about the Americans being allowed to have ARs and AK47s I have always been told by people on here that they can have them but only the semi automatic version well listening to the videos on this shooting the guy had a fully automatic gun :hmm::hmm:

Nevada allows full auto.

My thoughts go out to the victims,their families & those who witnessed it, must of been a terrifying experience.

American gun laws are a complicated issue, my fear is that many more innocent people will lose their lives before they find some common ground regarding gun sale restricrions.

It's even more shocking that shootings like this in the USA no longer come as a great surprise.so many lives lost and many hundreds destroyed by this act.i am sure the gun lobby over there will defend their right to own whatever they want with the same old constitution dross.they may have a right to bear arms but they also have the right to live their lives to a natural end.doubt anything over there will change.just wait the next one.and another round of empty words from both sides.

Imagine constructing a civilised country in the 21st Century and thinking what a great idea it would be if all citizens could be armed to the teeth with military assault weapons, could carry concealed handguns, and routinely shoot people who come to their front door asking for directions.

But will it change? :no:
It’s even sadder because the right to bear arms was meant to be so citizens could overthrow a tyrannical and incompetent government, then they go and vote for what they've now got. :rolleyes:
This situation is literally insane and will probably be looked upon by future historians as bizarrely as we now look upon some of the more barbaric practices of the ancient past.

It's all down to citizens being able to defend themselves against a dictatorial government.

It's a mindset many can't understand, and one which is enshrined in their constitution.

It's worth bearing in mind that many of those who were at the concert will be firearms owners; fully paid up members of the NRA, and supporters of that and the 2nd Amendment. It would seem it's the price America has to pay for its 'freedoms'.

Like I've said before; N. Americas problems go much further than guns.

Firearms are quite easily available over the border in Canada, but for some reason the Canadians don't seem to have the same problems.

I have to say that I have little sympathy for for the American people who got shot I have every sympathy for all of the other people from all around the world who got mixed up in it .

If the American people are so stupid as to let any Tom **** or Harry buy these automatic guns then they cannot complain when some nutter gets hold of one and dose something like this as I have said before I have no problem with people having hand guns hunting rifles and shot guns but full automatics is madness.

It's all down to citizens being able to defend themselves against a dictatorial government.

It's a mindset many can't understand, and one which is enshrined in their constitution.

It's worth bearing in mind that many of those who were at the concert will be firearms owners; fully paid up members of the NRA, and supporters of that and the 2nd Amendment. It would seem it's the price America has to pay for its 'freedoms'.

Firearms are quite easily available over the border in Canada, but for some reason the Canadians don't seem to have the same problems.

Canada has something close to a public health service. Nearly all the mass killings in the States are done by people with mental health issues who you would hope would have been under some form of treatment in Canada or the UK. The utterly broken health service in America is highly unlikely to pick up and help people with mental health issues unless they're wealthy and have people who are looking out for them.

Edited by Tim Kelly

I have to say that I have little sympathy for for the American people who got shot I have every sympathy for all of the other people from all around the world who got mixed up in it .

Shameful comment. My thoughts are with all the people injured and killed.

Edited by ordnance

Imagine constructing a civilised country in the 21st Century and thinking what a great idea it would be if all citizens could be armed to the teeth with military assault weapons, could carry concealed handguns, and routinely shoot people who come to their front door asking for directions.

But will it change? :no:
It’s even sadder because the right to bear arms was meant to be so citizens could overthrow a tyrannical and incompetent government, then they go and vote for what they've now got. :rolleyes:
This situation is literally insane and will probably be looked upon by future historians as bizarrely as we now look upon some of the more barbaric practices of the ancient past.

:good:

It isn't just about the availability of guns, the Americans seem to operate on a different mindset to the rest of the civilised world. I'm sure you could dissect and break down the (many) reasons for it.

I understand the American constitution and the right to bear arms but why do they need military grade weapons, which seems to-be the case in this shooting, think its time for them to have a long hard think on what weapons they allow joe public to own and in this case by an obvious nutcase.

Feel sorry for all the victims and families caught up in this.

Unbelievable, No.....not for America.

+1 I dont believe normal members of the public should be able to own military grade weapons or stockpile thousands of rounds of ammunition.. no problem with hunting/target rifles but weapons designed to fire 100s of rounds a minute on full auto need banning to members of the public..