Getting Back Into the Swing

kippylawkid

My first post in a while from Northumberland as various life issues including cricket, rugby, football, pheasants and family (in no specific order) have curtailed my summer pigeon shooting but things have eased up enough for me to get out. I have had to pass up a few 100+ opportunities, but my pals have benefited so I'm in credit with them! In the last 2 weeks, I have had 2 decent outings of 45 and 37 from a pea stubble (75% young birds) and I am quietly confident that a block of beans on our shoot will produce some good sport when they are cut in the coming weeks. I am tempted to shoot them on a bare patch before they're harvested but I think I'll wait and hopefully do them justice. Watch this space.

I thought you had abandoned the forum.

Flight them into the bare patch. For the last five weeks I watched pigeons going into several different fields of standing beans in some numbers. The beans were variously harvested in the last ten days or so and there has yet to be a pigeon on the stubble.

I thought you had abandoned the forum.

Flight them into the bare patch. For the last five weeks I watched pigeons going into several different fields of standing beans in some numbers. The beans were variously harvested in the last ten days or so and there has yet to be a pigeon on the stubble.

How could I abandon such an eclectic bunch :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sorely tempted to have a go on a bare patch. If the wind is right on Saturday I will have a look.

Please Post more. I like reading reports from the sane members of the forum. Glad to see you are shooting some.

Motty, I'm filling up! I'll do my best. Like many parents,having sporty kids has hindered my outings but I can live with that. It makes the outings I do get all the better.