Urlay Nook clayshoot

Pumpkin

Thanks Figgy.

Ive taken a look on the shooting league site and details are still quite scarce.

Theres a club captain name and little else.

Can you just turn up on certain days etc.

Being fairly new Im unsure of the etiquette surrounding these smaller shoots.

Where abouts are you based. Urlay nook only shoot during the summer in the league it then closes over winter so is probs closed now. Spennymoor clay club is along the a177 past fishburn near coxhoe. Oaklodge at hartlepool is a good ground and thimbleby down the A19.

Marne clay shoot at the army barracks at Catterick next to the a1 shoot every other sunday and in the same wednesday night league as Urlay Nook, well worth a look out as an alternative to thimbleby

Marne also shoot on Wednesday 12-30 to 3-30ish, 50 or 60 sporting and sometimes a compact layout as well. It is a good friendly club with some very good target presentations,. from Auntie.

Pumpkin your choice of grounds locally are spennymoor oaklodge hardwick hall at trimdon, thimbleby as you know welbury duke of Wellington every month. Times inn at Dalton le dale near Dalton park. Other than the one I've listed the rest are over half an hour away.

It's not all about how many you hit but how much you enjoy yourself. I'm working seven days a week at the moment as soon as this contracts finished I'll drop you a pm and if you fancy it we can get together and scare some clays. You can get to meet a few of the regulars that go round the grounds so you'll always know some one where've you go.

After this mornings performance I would be lucky to even scare the clays!

Seemingly shot 50 cartridges into thin air on the green stands at Thimbleby this morning. Must have hit maybe 20 where as I couldnt miss on these stands last week.

Cup of tea, shake of the head and decided to shoot some red stands, even one sneaky black stand. Did considerably better and left with a smile on my face.

Its seems I take a while to get warmed up from being utter **** to lower quartile of mediocre.

Edited by Pumpkin

Didn't know they had graded their stands for how tough they are. Might have to have a go in the not so distant future.

I suppose the grading is all subjective.

Anything with a left to right crosser I may hit regardless of colour grading.

Where as the majority of others, regardless of colour grading, I might as well be sitting in my car, in the car park, with the window down and throwing a handful of stones!

Evening all,

There is one more, but for the life of me I can't find the card I had with its location. I am sure it is local to us in Stockton. I got it from a bloke on PSG, which is on again Sat 14th, so I will try again then.

I have been to Thimbleby and Oak lodge and preferred Thimbleby, but it has had a recent revamp, so that may be it.

Maybe we can all get together on a Sat/Sun morning somewhere. The cartridges always last longer when there are 3/4 shooting,

RS

Pumpkin, you are either an engineer, accountant or Maths teacher using terms like "quartile"

Hi Pumpkin, welcome to the area.

If you fancy a look down to Marne Clay Shoot at Catterick, just look at the fixtures list on their website. As Aunty stated, its open every other Sunday and every Wednesday afternoon and you will be made welcome. Just send a message on the website and you will be added to the shoot list.

A good mixture of targets to suit all standards of shooter and cheapest in the area as well. Website is www.marneclayshoot.co.uk

Cheers

Edited by Northern Gunner

I shoot in the North Yorkshire and Cleveland league for Marne Barracks.Basically there is shoot every Wed eve, in the April to August period at one of the 9 members grounds and every.team shoots at their own ground whilst hosting one of the other members and visa versa . We shoot 25 birds all sporting and entry includes supper. The top 8 or 10 " i cant remember" scores count for the league, back to the hosting club local pub for supper and a bit of the craick. IT is a lovely way of getting to know all the clubs members and it doesn't matter if you don't do well you will still be a part of the team. Have a look on the web at North Yorkshire Sporting League; , im sure one of the members will put up a link for you, i'm not very good at that sort of thing. Do come along to Marne and get to know some of the members. from Auntie.