Doesn't want to retrieve..

I think it must be harder to have a "pet gundog" than an all out gundog. Dual roles

I'm not sure it really makes that much of a difference.

80-90% of gundog training are just basic obedience,(sit, stay, heel), even ur stop whistle is just an add on to sit, really its only ur directions that are a bit more advanced.

I knew a lad when I 1st started going to the local club had a 3yr old lab, just a very obedient pet but within 6 months had it at working test levels, now he's got some cracking labs all around FT standard now.

I'm not sure it really makes that much of a difference.

80-90% of gundog training are just basic obedience,(sit, stay, heel), even ur stop whistle is just an add on to sit, really its only ur directions that are a bit more advanced.

I knew a lad when I 1st started going to the local club had a 3yr old lab, just a very obedient pet but within 6 months had it at working test levels, now he's got some cracking labs all around FT standard now.

You know considerably more than I do scotslad so I am not in a position to argue 👍

I wouldn't go that far.

But for a basic decent working dog I don't really think it makes much difference wether kennelled or in house, more the trainer. seen plenty of very good well trained pets over the years (and plenty wild kennelled dogs)

But it will be easier to keep a dog out of mischief while in a run

Yep I do, it usually lasts a good five seconds 😁

Pigeonshooter

I wouldn't worry too much about it. He is young and a cocker 😉 he will test you from time to time. A good friend and very very experienced trainer and all round dogman / shooter always says the following to me whenever I am having a training issue ...."just keep nibbling away" 👍

Enjoy your dog when it has its pet hat on and nibble away at the training 👍

I wouldn't go that far.

But for a basic decent working dog I don't really think it makes much difference wether kennelled or in house, more the trainer. seen plenty of very good well trained pets over the years (and plenty wild kennelled dogs)

But it will be easier to keep a dog out of mischief while in a run

+1

For what it's worth all my springers have lived in the house and it has never been a problem, my 9 month old pup can do almost what he likes in the confines of the garden but he is not allowed any free running when we are out.He is coming on at an unbelievable pace, I have taken him to see a trialing judge and trainer at Melbourne and at 9 month old he is now ready for the rabbit pen.

thanks for little Stan BB :good::good::good:

My Springer is a pet and working dog, as soon as the gun comes out he seems to know it is working time tail never stops wagging and always looking for the next command, he also had a problem with retrieving dead game, took advice off BB and all was great soon afterwards.

S