Silly Crows

marsh man

I was looking forward to have a go on some cut Maize today with the weather being dry and cloudy with a nice stiff wind , what I didn't know was that Mr John Deere had been busy all morning turning two fields of Maize stubble into plough , when I pulled up the tractor driver was having his dinner so I took my flask and went and had a yarn . while yarning there were still a lot of pigeons on the move so rather than waste the afternoon I left him and went and set up on the field he had already ploughed.

I put the decoys out in front with the magnet well out to the left and I had a nice tree on my right , the set up looked well with two bouncers doing exactly what they were meant to do , bounce about , in theory this should have worked, but to tell you the truth all it done was turn a few towards me with the odd one coming into the decoys . and going to the tree.

Every now again a Crow would come to see what all these pigeons were doing going round in circles and bouncing up and down, although I don't mind shooting the odd one I am not that keen shooting any amount and I normally just concentrate on pigeons , but the tractor driver was the keepers son and I don't think he would have been to happy if I didn't have the odd shot .

Well I did have the odd shot and one or two paid the price but what amazed was, wherever they fell I left them without touching them , the odd one upside down , nearly buried in the plough and lying on there backs and yet they still came in to whatever little bit of Black they could see and I swear blind if I had used Black rolled up bin bags I could have shot them without using decoys , pity the pigeons wernt so obliging :lol: