Armsan A612 semi Misfire?

tomzxr

Hi Guys,

I was after some advice about an issue with my A612. Its been happening for about 2-3 months now on a dozen outings or so.

Sometimes when I pull the trigger I hear a click but the cartridge doesn't fire. A second squeeze of the trigger doesn't work and I have to manually eject the cartridge before continuing. It has never happened twice in a row and has only happened on the initial shot once or twice. More often than not it is during shooting (which is pretty annoying when you need a second or third shot..!)

When I inspect the cartridge there appears to be a mark on the percussion cap of the cartridge from the firing pin. The cartridge fires second time fine if I reload it into the shotgun so doesn't seem to relate to specific cartridges. I use 28-32g 5-6s and it seems to have done this with most cartridges I use.

I have cleaned the A612 in depth including the gas piston and removed all the carbon. Since then it has repeated this problem.

Has anyone had the same issue or know of this issue? And if so does anyone have any advice/ways to fix this? Even if you haven't had this issue if anyone has any gen about possible ways to fix this I'd be grateful (cost me a couple of Mallard this evening... :sad1: )

On a sidetone I have looked on the internet for replacement bolt group assemblys but haven't had any luck so far. I'm unsure of the age of the shotgun but have used it for about a year now and bought it second hand.

Doesn't sound like a bolt / gas piston issue. Sounds like the trigger is not hitting the firing pin with enough authority every time?

Sounds more like the trigger group. Have you taken that out and cleaned it up? Maybe so cac in there gumming up the works?

+1 check for free movement for hammer and sear, check for swarf, foreign objects even bugs 🐜 have been known to slow the hammer fall. Hammer spring should be fairly strong, if weak or broken will cause light strikes

One other thing that occurs to me is that if any light cartridges are used, occasionally the bolt will not fully cycle and consequently the hammer will not be retained by the sear and will follow or ride the bolt forward. This may then give you your minor mark in the primer as there is no real inertia in the hammer in this situation ( if there were you would have a full auto problem ) a dirty gun with a slow cycle is also a possibility

Edited by impala59

Remove the bolt and trigger assembly, I have never owned an Armsan, BUT I know a 'man who has'. I will check with him because he is GUARANTEED to have stripped the thing down to it's last nut and bolt. I will get back to you !

OK, he tells me that it is a bit like the Beretta strip clean, BUT it can be a bit fiddly getting it back together again. Can I suggest that you do this on a bench or table. I use the kitchen table with an old bath towel folded double laid on it. Remove the forend and barrel/piston assembly, which it seems that you have already done. Now with the stock/magazine tube laid flat, remove the bolt handle (it should pull straight out), then remove the bolt and slides as one unit. Viewed from the underside, you should be able to see the firing pin inside the bolt. Make sure that it is free to move back and forwards. DO NOT soak this area in oil, the least the better really. Clean all the slides etc. and inside the action. Knock out the single pin which holds in the trigger assembly. Whilst depressing the bolt release button, slide the trigger assembly slightly forwards, then pull the unit down and away from the action. Using an airline here is handy, or the divers bottle for an airgun, blow as much of the crud out as is possible. Then an old toothbrush or similar, get as much of the crud out as you can. Again DO NOT over oil this assembly, if at all. With the assembly out, you can pull the trigger and see what is happening to the hammer. Just pull the hammer back until it re cocks, each time. Make sure the hammer is cocked back and the safety catch is on, before re fitting the assembly. Then simply put it all back together again. If you over oil the mechanism on an auto, the flakes of unburned powder and other crud, mixes with the oil and makes a very good paste to jam up the works ! Have a go at it and PM me if the wheel comes off (so to speak !).

Edited by Westley