Looks like 50 cal and some .22 could be going

kingo15

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eeek, would be good to know the full details.

At the risk of laying myself open to the chip chip offensive I don't think a restriction on .50 would affect many people but I can't see how you justify that as to the best of my knowledge nobody has been committing offences with one and no serious incidents I'm aware of? Why the .50 too when there's still big boy guns not mentioned?

Rapid firing rifles could surely only mean .22 semis as they're the only thing I can imagine that meets that term? Straight pull or lever release would be the next and they're not exactly rapid?

• moving two firearms (.50 calibre and certain rapid firing rifles) from the general licensing arrangements to the stricter provisions of section 5 of the Firearms Act 1968

That's the end of the SGC lever release rifles then surely?

I posted on here few months ago about fancying getting one but said they'd probably ban em (at least before I saved up what they bloody cost!!) I might actually be right on that one!

• moving two firearms (.50 calibre and certain rapid firing rifles) from the general licensing arrangements to the stricter provisions of section 5 of the Firearms Act 1968
That's the end of the SGC lever release rifles then surely?

I posted on here few months ago about fancying getting one but said they'd probably ban em (at least before I saved up what they bloody cost!!) I might actually be right on that one!

[/quote

Why would anyone want a lever release shotgun ?? Surly a sec 1 semi auto would be a much better option .

I think you've misunderstood mate, SGC in this case relation to the Southern Gun Company Lever Release rifles, available in 223 as well as 9mm I believe.

Not ShotGun Certificate.

I would say the ban will ( if it happens ) will be the .50 cal as already indicated and the other will be the lever release rifles . Which to be fare I thought that would have a good while ago as let’s face it , there are bit of a good ol bending of the rules on the straight pull .

ame="stevo" post="3323525" timestamp="1507065804"]

I think you've misunderstood mate, SGC in this case relation to the Southern Gun Company Lever Release rifles, available in 223 as well as 9mm I believe.

Not ShotGun Certificate.

Ah yes I see what you mean ,

Sounds like par for the course legislation really.

A little used calibre that has never been used in crime in the UK, and another very common one which has, but not the type of action which has.

Then we have legislation against the sale of an acid to under 18's who will either get an older person to buy it or use bleach or some other such liquid, and finally the tightening of legislation against a type of knife which has been subject to a ban for decades, yet nothing whatsoever regarding the calibre most commonly used illegally in recent months nor the dozens of stabbings carried out on a daily basis.

You couldn't make it up !

I wonder who the .50 cal lads can rely on for support eh? 🤔

How many of you have written to BASC, etc. and your MP to oppose these changes to firearms legislation?

I have no aspiration to own either of the rifles mentioned here but I certainly don't want them banned, and another gentle step taken towards a total ban. What next? 22 semi autos? Semi/pump shotguns? Any calibre bigger/faster/more muzzle energy than X?

Let's get vocal about this now before minds are made up...

How many of you have written to BASC, etc. and your MP to oppose these changes to firearms legislation?

I have no aspiration to own either of the rifles mentioned here but I certainly don't want them banned, and another gentle step taken towards a total ban. What next? 22 semi autos? Semi/pump shotguns? Any calibre bigger/faster/more muzzle energy than X?

Let's get vocal about this now before minds are made up...

👍🏻

Words fail me regarding the politicians we allow to make laws in this country. They think by just making a law the problem will go away.

When thugs that use chemicals in this way can source it without buying it, two minutes on the web will show you how to make sulphuric acid or nitric acid from common chemicals, then every car battery includes sulphuric acid.

Then the firearms where is the evidence that these types of firearms are being used by criminals.

Should not the way forward be for the courts to send a clear message like, life in prison if you use acid as a weapon, or a knife or a firearm. No if's no but's and no early release. Then they may with luck think twice before they affend and if not then they are at least of the streets forever never to offend again.

Love or hate trump at least he has the bottle to blame the person not the weapon used, not that I would want USA gun laws.

Edited by rbrowning2

As mentioned, everyone needs to write to the BASC and their local MPs to protest at this non-nonsensical piece of knee-jerk opportunism. If this is let go, how long before many more rifles which some use perhaps regularly on range days will end up being banned? And the irony is that this tightening up has nothing to do with the EU machine.

Remove all firearms from the public. And remove all hazardous chemicals from sale.

That will sort out all the gun crime and acid attacks.

Really what bloomin planet do these politicians live on ??? cus it ain't on the one I'm on.

Edited by Dougy

would it include muzzle loading calibre ?....patch&ball .50cal

No , as rate of fire would be so low, this was one of the main reasons why the ban on pistols firing metallic cartridges came in. And we could and still have Black powder.

Most seem to refer to it as the handgun ban it was not a ban on handguns in was a ban on certain types of ammunition that used in certain handguns

Thats how it was explained in the home office letter given to us by the police when I handed in my hand guns

Edited by stevo

Ban everything because thatll stop all the nasty people doing nasty things. Obviously the tool of choice for bank robbers and terrorists and all general baddies is the 50cal or self loading small calibre rifles...oh no wait terrorists like the good old AK47, bank robbers like the good old sawn off shotgun and the baddies like handguns all of which are illegal/banned/unobtainable by law abiding citizens. Realistically where do you draw the line? Ban nitrogen fertiliser? Ban all diesel and petrol? A container full of that and a few lb of nuts and bolts would make a pretty convincing claymore. A toothbrush and razor blade makes a very good stabbing weapon! Im pretty sure an entrepreneurial terrorist could turn a toothbrush into a right sharp pointy stick and disguise it as a real toothbrush and then hijack another plane. The only people these knee jerk reactions penalise are the law abiding.