Pulsar f155

Squirrel73

I'm looking at the pulsar f155 add on night vision and wondered if anyone had one and what the verdict was before I convince the wife I need to spend a grand. Paragraph in the shooting times today sais he was happy with it out to 150yds.

I'd want more range than that for identifying quarry. Maybe a better ir would stretch the range a bit. Any options would be welcome on this subject. Cheers

If its anything like other Pulsars and NV units you will have to add an additional IR unit such as a Night Master 800 to get the distance and ID of your target.

The launch of these were delayed by 6 months. Did they have issues that had to be sorted before general release? One of the models is not being released until a later date !

Buy one from Scott Country, if its no good send it back for a refund.

I've purchased two NV units in the past that were new releases to the UK, both I had issues with and both went back. One of them I'm now on version 4.or is it 5

I may be inclined to hang fire until you get some feedback on these units in the field first or buy a tested unit like the Ward and then have added expense of trying to find a scope it likes.

What ever you do it WONT be straight forward plug and play

Hi Squirrel , you are being sensible in hanging on to your cash,,

my understanding of these front mounted NV units is that they have problems - in keeping

there zero , i for one do not wish to do the NV companies field developement for them!!!!,

i expect my NV gear to do its job , so hang onto your cash for a while!!!

atb brian

Thanks Brian, thats interesting about them not holding zero. I dont own any night vision or thermal kit at the moment but a good friend of mine has both thermal spotter and pulsar night vision scope. He is on his third scope due to it not holding zero. Apart from the hassle factor of getting it replaced its a pain when u miss a fox thats been doing damage.

Hi Squirrell, If you can cope with a rear addon The Ward 800 is an excellent piece of gear,

as for the pulsar units the N870 & N970 my friend Daren has returned X4 and still has problems with Pulsar

if you want dedicated the Photon 6.5 RT is good value and i use the photon 6.5 XT with a doubler with good Ir

this is good for,300 yds,, i also use an ATN X-Sight-3x12x44 now the X-sight is given a lot of stick by some people ,

i find its perfectly ok if used within its limitations it has imo to many functions half of which i do not use anyway!!!

as far as NV goes its what suits you and your WALLET!!!!!

atb Brian

I'm looking at the pulsar f155 add on night vision and wondered if anyone had one and what the verdict was before I convince the wife I need to spend a grand. Paragraph in the shooting times today sais he was happy with it out to 150yds.

I'd want more range than that for identifying quarry. Maybe a better ir would stretch the range a bit. Any options would be welcome on this subject. Cheers

hello, you dont !!!! you can make a very good DIY N/V kit for about £150/175, the rear mounted day scope one, theres a list of parts on here or the N/V forum or PM Dave-G on here.

Thanks Brian, thats interesting about them not holding zero. I dont own any night vision or thermal kit at the moment but a good friend of mine has both thermal spotter and pulsar night vision scope. He is on his third scope due to it not holding zero. Apart from the hassle factor of getting it replaced its a pain when u miss a fox thats been doing damage.

hello, the new Yukon Photon XT was found to be faulty zeroing in a lot of units, many were sent back to Thomas Jacks, a lot were replaced, or repaired, Yukon have a good warranty, i was thinking to upgrade my MK1 but not sure on the XT yet.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 1 year later...

The F155 i used needed zeroing Y-5 / X+5

I was surprised by this fact, as Pulsar states zeroing is not needed. I heard they have replaced this product by a F455 that will be launched maj/june 19

Another issue with the zeroing! I needed the POI more to the left, and had to add + X figures (normally this will move POI to the right)

I am concerned if the device will keep the zero or if I have to adjust this every now and then.

You need gorilla arms to get to the control buttons. On the DFA75 the buttons were on the left side and somehow accessible, - now its nearly impossible. I will learn myself to use the remote. I consider to have it as a necklace or on the weapon with velcro tape

Leo