AA Prosport

shootthepigeon

I've just bought a nearly new Prosport, I've hardly used it as yet, and what I have I'm very pleased with it, but are there any tuning tips or places improvements can be made? It is in 22 flavour and as far as I can see never been stripped or messed with, it does seem to have a very short barrel with prosport moderator on. Any advice appreciated also what sort of pellets suit?

AA Fields, JSB Exact or the lighter Express variants, headsize is trial and error. If it's smooth and quiet and up to power then leave it alone for now. Most springers do benefit from a good clean and relube internally.

If there is any twang or buzz it can be quietened down by fitting a delrin spring guide. Loads of info on line or visit the AAOC.

If you haven't got an owners manual again its online. There great rifles, very easy to work on and very accurate with the right pellets.

You have been fortunate enough to buy one of the best spring powered guns ever made - any maintenance work should only be undertaken using your elbows - in other words leave it alone :) - at 2 months old it's still burning any lube used when she was assembled and will get even better than it is now and I'm betting that it's pretty impressive already.

I got one two weeks ago after wanting one since they came out.if your on face book there's groups you can join.

Looks like there plenty of tuning kits out there but I'm more than happy with mine as is

I bought two nearly new rifles one a TX200 carbine and a Prosport Fitted a tinbum kit in the 200 and a V mach in the Prosport WHY? Only because I like to strip guns down and see How well their made. Straight from the box they are very well made.

I bought two nearly new rifles one a TX200 carbine and a Prosport Fitted a tinbum kit in the 200 and a V mach in the Prosport WHY? Only because I like to strip guns down and see How well their made. Straight from the box they are very well made.

dare say I'll tinker at some point

Just incase it hasn't already been done clean the manufacturers gunk out of the barrel. Then run a couple of tins through it and that should bed the action in nicely. Check the stock and trigger screws occasionally.

When trying pellets run 30 or so through to condition the barrel then shoot a handful of check groups of 5 pellets per group. Do this for each type/head size you're trying. Don't worry to much about zero as long as you aim at the same place all the time and the group is on the target you're good, once you have a pellet that groups around a £1 coin size consistently you can zero.

Trying to zero an air rifle with incompatible pellets is a nightmare.

Enjoy.

Just got around to trying the Prosport on a few targets, all I can say is what a rifle, I knew they had good reviews but I only bought it as I thought it was cheapish and I had just sold my Airwolf. I didn't really expect it to be as accurate as it is, after shooting many old springers over the years, I honestly expected to have to tune it to get what I wanted from it, but rest assured I won't be touching this one, hopefully for many a year.

Just got around to trying the Prosport on a few targets, all I can say is what a rifle, I knew they had good reviews but I only bought it as I thought it was cheapish and I had just sold my Airwolf. I didn't really expect it to be as accurate as it is, after shooting many old springers over the years, I honestly expected to have to tune it to get what I wanted from it, but rest assured I won't be touching this one, hopefully for many a year.

The more you shoot it the more you will bond with it. Just remember the routine maintenance, a drop of oil on the safety button and on the visible part of the compression tube, wipe over the metalwork with an oily cloth. Prosports don't really have any major problems. Any issues are usually to do with the underlever linkages, sometimes the lever will drop, all easy to sort out with a minimum of tools. Sometimes the stockbolt holes are recessed a little too deep and allow the end of the bolts to touch the alloy frame, easiest solution is to fit small nylon washers under the bolt heads to bring the heads flush with the woodwork. If you get any issues just PM and I'll happily give you any info you need. If you ever need spares try Bond Gun Accessories or contact BGALTD on the Air Arms Owners Club, you gat a discount if you're a member! :)