Strokes are HORRIBLE!

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear that you are on the mend and hopefully no side effects. I suffered the same thing in 2003, it left me partially deaf in my left ear, and my left eye and left side of my face tend to droop under stress or cold weather. 12 months later and the same thing occurred during the night, got up next morning and fell flat on my face, that one left me totally deaf in my right ear. I am back shooting a full weight 12 bore, albeit with 24 gram loads. Just keep taking the tablets and I am sure you will be back to full strength in no time. All the best. W.

Thank you all, I am following all the advice I have had both professionally and ad hoc.

I thoroughly intend to get out beating, get to the next PW Charity Shoot, see my sons complete their degrees, get through Sandhurst and lead full and productive lives.

You might find it difficult to get accepted to Sandhurst if you have had a stroke.....

Get well soon

:shaun:

I have smashed the 'soft tissue' in both shoulders, Had 3 discs chopped in my spine (lost 2.5"), Left knee is permanenlyt dislocated, had an inch of cartilage removed from my right knee a few years back after I ripped it and various other things that slow me down.

Not a wi**y waggling contest by any means: I just wish I'd had warnings I could heed.

Enjoy your time and don't take too many prisoners. Life and health are short lived luxuries.

E 380 Basically I suffered a stroke on the 1st of October and it was a warning shot, I am taking 2 new drugs and living a healthier lifestyle and just getting on with things.

I have an appointment with the nurse at work for the return to work discussion on the 31st of October and we will see what she says.

It was not nice at all but I wont let it beat me.

Cheers

Not wishing to be morbid, but if you do feel that you are at risk, see your GP (I know that can be a challenge in itself!) and make sure that you have the right blood pressure. This is a very big risk factor in strokes, and in most cases can be treated quite easily (I take treatment for it daily to keep the levels correct). High blood pressure doesn't usually have symptoms, so you will only find out by having it measured.