Camo DOES make all the difference.

ShaggyRS6

Went out today fully camo'd up. The farmer had cut all the weeds in the Orchard between the trees so the Rabbits could see me.

I laid in the same spot for about 40 mins and picked of 4. It was amazing as the wildlife around me started to pay me no attention whatsoever.

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

Here is a question. How do sex a rabbit?

The only reason I ask is this.... Look at the picture of the 4 Rabbits, The last 3 are similar in size, from the top down No.3 was very much lighter in weight to the others, I'm wondering if the other 2 were female and pregnant?

The only reason I ask is this.... Look at the picture of the 4 Rabbits, The last 3 are similar in size, from the top down No.3 was very much lighter in weight to the others, I'm wondering if the other 2 were female and pregnant?

The little-uns tickel there tummy if its a boy its dinky will come out.

The big-uns you can see a Bucks testies.

Did you not gut them, if you did you can see if they are pregnant Does, or if they are in milk you can see the milk under the skin on there tummys

PELTMAN

you realise there is a medical name for this........ necrophilia! :lol:

Good shooting lee and glad to see the camo is working!

Dan

The big-uns you can see a Bucks testies, old Bucks also have a chunky head.

Did you not gut them, if you did you can see if they are pregnant Does, or if they are in milk you can see the milk under the skin on there tummys

PELTMAN

Well done Lee. :lol::lol:

You got the hang of Paunching them rabbits now then?

In a word nope :good: I still am not confident enough. Hopefully I can hook up with someone on the forums for a lesson, I will be alright once I have done it a couple of times with someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks also for the information on sexing.

This method relies on you not having just shot them in the head before trying :lol:

LMAO, I was going to ask that, but I thought being new to the sport perhaps I should not question if their "dinky" comes out to play after they are dead.

My wife says to me often its like making love to a dead person. You never know :lol:

This is a funny subject,i decided to go pike fishing on the canal, near where -just through my shoot, it was raining and looked like it was going to pour down, but boredom got the better of me,so instead of donning my usual cammo gear i grabbed my bright red mountain hardware gore tex job, off i went down the railway over the fence and through my shoot,as per, there was the usual suspects hopping and running in all directions, i wandered how close by ghosting my way through the field i could get, now these bunnies are out all day and night,but are a bit twitchy ,as rabbits are,i spotted two about fifty odd yards away munching with their backs to me, one stood on its hind quarters and sniffed the air the other carried on they were about 30 yards from the hedge row, so i waited for the head to go down and took a few steps ,each time the heads lifted i stopped, they soon resumed munching the grass then another couple, then again, i was all of no more than ten yards from the pair of them when a third rabbit , one i hadnt seen hopped into the hedge, just to check these rabbits were ok i gave them a good round of applause , one took off on all fours the other tried to flatten itself into the field before leaving at an amazing rate of knots