Smart T.V.

billytheghillie

If you’re getting a 4K TV then I would recommend getting a Blu-ray player rather than DVD, otherwise there isn’t much point getting the 4K! There aren’t many on the market built in as most would go for seperate devices. Think about 4K streaming to the TV too, Netflix and amazon can stream 4k now and it’s great!

Billy I have just bought a 4K big screen TVs and the picture is out of this world . Unfortunately the speakers in the TV are rubbish and you will need a sound bar to reap the full benefits of these latest televisions . The TVs are made so thin that you carnt get a decent speaker in them ,and proberbly too thin to be able to fit in a DVD. To really ,really get the full effect you need a blue ray player . These are incredible bits of kit although quite expensive. The one that I have is the oppo and they are expensive ,but what a fabulous bit of kit . I was fortunate that I was able to manage a bit of a discount off mine .

Harnser

Billy I have just bought a 4K big screen TVs and the picture is out of this world . Unfortunately the speakers in the TV are rubbish and you will need a sound bar to reap the full benefits of these latest televisions . The TVs are made so thin that you carnt get a decent speaker in them ,and proberbly too thin to be able to fit in a DVD. To really ,really get the full effect you need a blue ray player . These are incredible bits of kit although quite expensive. The one that I have is the oppo and they are expensive ,but what a fabulous bit of kit . I was fortunate that I was able to manage a bit of a discount off mine .

Harnser

A blu-ray player will play DVDs as well so nothing lost.

Using blu-ray or streamed 4k will of course show off the better picture quality of the TV, but to my mind it's all about the content.

Your DVDs will still be as every bit as enjoyable

A blu-ray player will play DVDs as well so nothing lost.

Using blu-ray or streamed 4k will of course show off the better picture quality of the TV, but to my mind it's all about the content.

Your DVDs will still be as every bit as enjoyable

If you have a fast internet at around 10 to 20 meg , the netflix is the way to go they have some 4k stuff , but its down to internet speed. There are 4k dvd players out there, but dear, also the 4k films are the same .even with your standard player everything will be upscaled.

The problem with 4k contenet is the amount of memory it uses a standard dvd is about 4 gig, a blue ray around 15 to 20 gig . And a 4k dvd is around 100 gig . It all gets a bit scarry lol.