Googling the shooting permission

Longstrider

Hells bells Google maps is detailed ! The farmer on one of my permissions likes to check his land on Google maps to see what's growing where etc etc and came across something he didn't expect to see at all.

Zooming in on one of my favourite crow-bashing spots you can not only see my car in the field, (I moved it away before shooting) but me setting out the pattern, and even the crow decoys ! :lol:

The picture was taken last Spring when I was doing the right thing to a hell of a lot of rooks and jackdaws on the freshly drilled wheat, but the detail of it is very surprising. It does show nicely what the pattern looks like from above though :)

Google maps is a great tool for the pigeon shooter. I have just recently gained another thousand acres and the field maps given to me by the farm manager are photo copied and pretty poor.

The maps off google are very clear and I now know where I need to be this winter.

• 3 weeks later...